1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Water Gardening

Discussion For All Water Related Features & Projects

Sort By:
Title
Replies ↓ Views
Last Message
  1.   » Sticky Threads
  2. Redwing
    Like x 17

We're Making a Wildlife Pond

My pond is a bit smaller(well quite a lot)...........
    IMG_6168resize.JPG IMG_6182resize.JPG IMG_6207resize.JPG resize.JPG IMG_6232resize.JPG IMG_6235resize.JPG
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Fat Controller

Goodbye Lawn, Hello Pond!

Lovely pond image! :dbgrtmb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. SparklyPurple

Bog garden and pond advice please

Watermint has lilac flowers and releases a wonderful fragrance when brushed.I had a raised container pond a few years back and two goldfish. I did not get any mosquito larvae, so assume the...
    Watermint has lilac flowers and releases a wonderful fragrance when brushed.I had a raised container pond a few years back and two goldfish. I did not get any mosquito larvae, so assume the fish ate them. I did get them in the water butt though.
    Watermint has lilac flowers and releases a wonderful fragrance when brushed.I had a raised container pond a few years back and two goldfish. I did not get any mosquito larvae, so assume the fish ate them. I did get them in the water butt though.
    Watermint has lilac flowers and releases a wonderful fragrance when brushed.I had a raised container pond a few years back and two goldfish. I did not get any mosquito larvae, so assume the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5.   » Normal Threads
  6. kindredspirit
    Like x 6

Goodbye lawn. Hello pond!

This thread needs to be closed due to database linking issues on the forum database, and the discussion carries on here - Goodbye Lawn, Hello Pond!.Apologies for the inconvenience.
    This thread needs to be closed due to database linking issues on the forum database, and the discussion carries on here - Goodbye Lawn, Hello Pond!.Apologies for the inconvenience.
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Sian in Belgium
    Like x 5

Siting a pond on a sloping garden

This photo of a 5 week old pond popped up in my Facebook feed. So of course, I went out and took one for comparison.I think it is safe to say that the pond is established!! (Water level is v low...
    This photo of a 5 week old pond popped up in my Facebook feed. So of course, I went out and took one for comparison.I think it is safe to say that the pond is established!! (Water level is v low at the moment, but we have heavy rain forecast for the next 48 hours, so I will hold back on...
    This photo of a 5 week old pond popped up in my Facebook feed. So of course, I went out and took one for comparison.I think it is safe to say that the pond is established!! (Water level is v low at the moment, but we have heavy rain forecast...
    This photo of a 5 week old pond popped up in my Facebook feed. So of course, I went out and took one for comparison.I think it is safe to say that the pond is established!! (Water level is v low...
    IMG_2037.JPG IMG_4715.JPG IMG_4719.JPG IMG_4717.JPG IMG_4725.JPG IMG_4721.JPG
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Gizmo

new pond ambition

Update to pond
    Update to pond
    Update to pond
    Update to pond
    IMG_20210222_113511_resized_20210222_120657581.jpg IMG_20210222_145850_resized_20210222_031137297.jpg 000470.jpg 000469.jpg IMG_20210226_132100_resized_20210226_013149471.jpg IMG_20210227_143356.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Gizmo

smelly pond water

Thankyou for your replys With any garden that you want a wildlife pond in you have to decide on the size of pond. We have taken advice about depth of pond due to various reasons. How many critters...
    Thankyou for your replys With any garden that you want a wildlife pond in you have to decide on the size of pond. We have taken advice about depth of pond due to various reasons. How many critters you can have etc Preformed ponds has shelves but some are tiny small and large with the area we...
    Thankyou for your replys With any garden that you want a wildlife pond in you have to decide on the size of pond. We have taken advice about depth of pond due to various reasons. How many critters you can have etc Preformed ponds has shelves but...
    Thankyou for your replys With any garden that you want a wildlife pond in you have to decide on the size of pond. We have taken advice about depth of pond due to various reasons. How many critters...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. martin-f

Small pond project

I’ve never had a pond, but I used to keep marine fish.The one thing I always had on my set ups, which at the time not many others had. Was a ozoniser. It made the water crystal clear. Almost...
    I’ve never had a pond, but I used to keep marine fish.The one thing I always had on my set ups, which at the time not many others had. Was a ozoniser. It made the water crystal clear. Almost like it wasn’t there.Does anyone use ozone on their pond?
    I’ve never had a pond, but I used to keep marine fish.The one thing I always had on my set ups, which at the time not many others had. Was a ozoniser. It made the water crystal clear. Almost like it wasn’t there.Does anyone use ozone on...
    I’ve never had a pond, but I used to keep marine fish.The one thing I always had on my set ups, which at the time not many others had. Was a ozoniser. It made the water crystal clear. Almost...
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. Apple Blossom
    Like x 4

Apple Blossoms Pond Project and Progress

I had a 6" tiddler which grew to a 2ft monster, had to redesign my pond to stop him getting out
    I had a 6" tiddler which grew to a 2ft monster, had to redesign my pond to stop him getting out
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. clueless1

I'm building a pond - is my plan ok?

Cheers Kristen, PM on its way:)
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. Bilbo675
    Like x 13

Can't Have a Pond so I'll Have a Bucket :)

@nFrost water lilies need sunshine, that is when they open their gorgeous blooms. Well, the ones I had in my pond at the last house did anyway. As soon as the sun passed they would close up...
    @nFrost water lilies need sunshine, that is when they open their gorgeous blooms. Well, the ones I had in my pond at the last house did anyway. As soon as the sun passed they would close up again. Is the set up going to be in shade all day long or will it get sunshine for a generous part of...
    @nFrost water lilies need sunshine, that is when they open their gorgeous blooms. Well, the ones I had in my pond at the last house did anyway. As soon as the sun passed they would close up again. Is the set up going to be in shade all day...
    @nFrost water lilies need sunshine, that is when they open their gorgeous blooms. Well, the ones I had in my pond at the last house did anyway. As soon as the sun passed they would close up...
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. glasgowdan

New pond - size and location help please

They're all linked together, lucius, one follows after the other:thumbsup::snorky:
    They're all linked together, lucius, one follows after the other:thumbsup::snorky:
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. Sienna's Blossom
    Like x 14

Our new wildlife pond

@Sienna's Blossom Your pond is soon amazing, very pretty :wub2:. Well done!
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. martin-f
    Like x 5

Garden pond number 2

The problem is, ricky, that the young frogs are programmed to leave the pond and make for new areas as their original pond will not be able to support them. So they will hide in what ever cover...
    The problem is, ricky, that the young frogs are programmed to leave the pond and make for new areas as their original pond will not be able to support them. So they will hide in what ever cover they can find as they travel and eat whatever they can on the way. It's best to let them and Nature...
    The problem is, ricky, that the young frogs are programmed to leave the pond and make for new areas as their original pond will not be able to support them. So they will hide in what ever cover they can find as they travel and eat whatever they...
    The problem is, ricky, that the young frogs are programmed to leave the pond and make for new areas as their original pond will not be able to support them. So they will hide in what ever cover...
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. RYDALL

Zantedeschia in ponds

It looks like a speckled wood from here Pete. (The butterfly that is, not the eucy.) But what's it doing in walnut's garden? Mine maybe which is slightly reminiscent of a wild wood/bomb site...
    It looks like a speckled wood from here Pete. (The butterfly that is, not the eucy.) But what's it doing in walnut's garden? Mine maybe which is slightly reminiscent of a wild wood/bomb site hybrid. :D
    It looks like a speckled wood from here Pete. (The butterfly that is, not the eucy.) But what's it doing in walnut's garden? Mine maybe which is slightly reminiscent of a wild wood/bomb site hybrid. :D
    It looks like a speckled wood from here Pete. (The butterfly that is, not the eucy.) But what's it doing in walnut's garden? Mine maybe which is slightly reminiscent of a wild wood/bomb site...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. Irmemac

Barrel Pond Advice

What are your plans for a pond/pool when it come time to upgrade....staying small or going large.
    What are your plans for a pond/pool when it come time to upgrade....staying small or going large.
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. Snorky85

Baby fish

More pics....nearly done. 17 goldfish, 3 golden orfe and 4 koi
    image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpg
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. Elizabeth13

Tub water feature

Thanks Armandii - it's difficult isn't it when theres lots of different advice and points of view? To be honest at the moment it's a bit easier to keep my eyes on them without all the pebbles. I...
    Thanks Armandii - it's difficult isn't it when theres lots of different advice and points of view? To be honest at the moment it's a bit easier to keep my eyes on them without all the pebbles. I have just had a mini clean with my little net - fishing out some stuff (i think fish poop, but it...
    Thanks Armandii - it's difficult isn't it when theres lots of different advice and points of view? To be honest at the moment it's a bit easier to keep my eyes on them without all the pebbles. I have just had a mini clean with my little net -...
    Thanks Armandii - it's difficult isn't it when theres lots of different advice and points of view? To be honest at the moment it's a bit easier to keep my eyes on them without all the pebbles. I...
    Replies:
    Views:
  21. Honey Bee

Murky Water

Uv lamps should be changed once a year, also the quartz sleeve should be cleaned too
    Uv lamps should be changed once a year, also the quartz sleeve should be cleaned too
    Replies:
    Views:
  22. clueless1

Fish (etc) for small pond

Good plan. If you have some shelves for plants that is a good place to pop maybe some larger stones - that way the tadpoles have some place to survive and hide from some hungry fishies!
    Good plan. If you have some shelves for plants that is a good place to pop maybe some larger stones - that way the tadpoles have some place to survive and hide from some hungry fishies!
    Replies:
    Views:
  23. Clueless 1 v2

Pond / water feature pump advice please

Looking at my formal ponds today and I'm going to have to lift the slabs and put in place some sort of flat, metal strip to support them. My concreting and bricklaying days are over :biggrin:
    Looking at my formal ponds today and I'm going to have to lift the slabs and put in place some sort of flat, metal strip to support them. My concreting and bricklaying days are over :biggrin:
    Replies:
    Views:
  24. joolz68

naughty pond fish

Ya better get an early night then :heehee: pick a sunny day its easier to spot them:blue thumb:and i hope everything runs smooth on the move for your sister xx
    Ya better get an early night then :heehee: pick a sunny day its easier to spot them:blue thumb:and i hope everything runs smooth on the move for your sister xx
    Replies:
    Views:
  25. borrowers

Solar water feature

mine has run dry loads of times and its still going strong and only tap water
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice