Sort By:
Title
Replies Views ↓
Last Message
  1.   » Sticky Threads
  2. Redwing
    Like x 17

We're Making a Wildlife Pond

My pond is a bit smaller(well quite a lot)...........
    IMG_6168resize.JPG IMG_6182resize.JPG IMG_6207resize.JPG resize.JPG IMG_6232resize.JPG IMG_6235resize.JPG
    Replies:
    Views:
  3. Fat Controller

Goodbye Lawn, Hello Pond!

Lovely pond image! :dbgrtmb:
    Replies:
    Views:
  4. SparklyPurple

Bog garden and pond advice please

Watermint has lilac flowers and releases a wonderful fragrance when brushed.I had a raised container pond a few years back and two goldfish. I did not get any mosquito larvae, so assume the...
    Watermint has lilac flowers and releases a wonderful fragrance when brushed.I had a raised container pond a few years back and two goldfish. I did not get any mosquito larvae, so assume the fish ate them. I did get them in the water butt though.
    Watermint has lilac flowers and releases a wonderful fragrance when brushed.I had a raised container pond a few years back and two goldfish. I did not get any mosquito larvae, so assume the fish ate them. I did get them in the water butt though.
    Watermint has lilac flowers and releases a wonderful fragrance when brushed.I had a raised container pond a few years back and two goldfish. I did not get any mosquito larvae, so assume the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  5.   » Normal Threads
  6. kindredspirit
    Like x 6

Goodbye lawn. Hello pond!

This thread needs to be closed due to database linking issues on the forum database, and the discussion carries on here - Goodbye Lawn, Hello Pond!.Apologies for the inconvenience.
    This thread needs to be closed due to database linking issues on the forum database, and the discussion carries on here - Goodbye Lawn, Hello Pond!.Apologies for the inconvenience.
    Replies:
    Views:
  7. Irmemac

Barrel Pond Advice

What are your plans for a pond/pool when it come time to upgrade....staying small or going large.
    What are your plans for a pond/pool when it come time to upgrade....staying small or going large.
    Replies:
    Views:
  8. Lollyb

Evergreen trailing plants for pond edge...recommendations please

A mix of Ajuga and creeping jenny would look very effective around a pond.:blue thumb: I wonder what LollyB thinks ? She seems to have dropped off.
    A mix of Ajuga and creeping jenny would look very effective around a pond.:blue thumb: I wonder what LollyB thinks ? She seems to have dropped off.
    Replies:
    Views:
  9. Bilbo675
    Like x 13

Can't Have a Pond so I'll Have a Bucket :)

@nFrost water lilies need sunshine, that is when they open their gorgeous blooms. Well, the ones I had in my pond at the last house did anyway. As soon as the sun passed they would close up...
    @nFrost water lilies need sunshine, that is when they open their gorgeous blooms. Well, the ones I had in my pond at the last house did anyway. As soon as the sun passed they would close up again. Is the set up going to be in shade all day long or will it get sunshine for a generous part of...
    @nFrost water lilies need sunshine, that is when they open their gorgeous blooms. Well, the ones I had in my pond at the last house did anyway. As soon as the sun passed they would close up again. Is the set up going to be in shade all day...
    @nFrost water lilies need sunshine, that is when they open their gorgeous blooms. Well, the ones I had in my pond at the last house did anyway. As soon as the sun passed they would close up...
    Replies:
    Views:
  10. Tangle

Pond safety cover recommendations (with added duckweed...)

I think I see what you're saying, but my reading of the sites was different - they both seemed to show a reasonable mix of installations both over and under the water. They don't seem to hide the...
    I think I see what you're saying, but my reading of the sites was different - they both seemed to show a reasonable mix of installations both over and under the water. They don't seem to hide the fact the above-water installations are possible or that they are safer. I'm also suprised that...
    I think I see what you're saying, but my reading of the sites was different - they both seemed to show a reasonable mix of installations both over and under the water. They don't seem to hide the fact the above-water installations are possible...
    I think I see what you're saying, but my reading of the sites was different - they both seemed to show a reasonable mix of installations both over and under the water. They don't seem to hide the...
    Replies:
    Views:
  11. sal73

Alternative to pond liners

I keep on looking at the pictures of kindredspirit garden and I have to say that among all the gardens I saw in the forum so far, this one is definitely one at the first places ... just so...
    I keep on looking at the pictures of kindredspirit garden and I have to say that among all the gardens I saw in the forum so far, this one is definitely one at the first places ... just so tastefully put together!
    I keep on looking at the pictures of kindredspirit garden and I have to say that among all the gardens I saw in the forum so far, this one is definitely one at the first places ... just so tastefully put together!
    I keep on looking at the pictures of kindredspirit garden and I have to say that among all the gardens I saw in the forum so far, this one is definitely one at the first places ... just so...
    Replies:
    Views:
  12. Sian in Belgium
    Like x 5

Siting a pond on a sloping garden

This photo of a 5 week old pond popped up in my Facebook feed. So of course, I went out and took one for comparison.I think it is safe to say that the pond is established!! (Water level is v low...
    This photo of a 5 week old pond popped up in my Facebook feed. So of course, I went out and took one for comparison.I think it is safe to say that the pond is established!! (Water level is v low at the moment, but we have heavy rain forecast for the next 48 hours, so I will hold back on...
    This photo of a 5 week old pond popped up in my Facebook feed. So of course, I went out and took one for comparison.I think it is safe to say that the pond is established!! (Water level is v low at the moment, but we have heavy rain forecast...
    This photo of a 5 week old pond popped up in my Facebook feed. So of course, I went out and took one for comparison.I think it is safe to say that the pond is established!! (Water level is v low...
    IMG_2037.JPG IMG_4715.JPG IMG_4719.JPG IMG_4717.JPG IMG_4725.JPG IMG_4721.JPG
    Replies:
    Views:
  13. robche

What to do with an old concrete pond?

Brilliant idea! A lid would be easier to make than a padlocked grille. You could use an old door, at least until you got round to making a better one.
    Brilliant idea! A lid would be easier to make than a padlocked grille. You could use an old door, at least until you got round to making a better one.
    Replies:
    Views:
  14. Apple Blossom
    Like x 4

Apple Blossoms Pond Project and Progress

I had a 6" tiddler which grew to a 2ft monster, had to redesign my pond to stop him getting out
    I had a 6" tiddler which grew to a 2ft monster, had to redesign my pond to stop him getting out
    Replies:
    Views:
  15. martin-f

Small pond project

I’ve never had a pond, but I used to keep marine fish.The one thing I always had on my set ups, which at the time not many others had. Was a ozoniser. It made the water crystal clear. Almost...
    I’ve never had a pond, but I used to keep marine fish.The one thing I always had on my set ups, which at the time not many others had. Was a ozoniser. It made the water crystal clear. Almost like it wasn’t there.Does anyone use ozone on their pond?
    I’ve never had a pond, but I used to keep marine fish.The one thing I always had on my set ups, which at the time not many others had. Was a ozoniser. It made the water crystal clear. Almost like it wasn’t there.Does anyone use ozone on...
    I’ve never had a pond, but I used to keep marine fish.The one thing I always had on my set ups, which at the time not many others had. Was a ozoniser. It made the water crystal clear. Almost...
    Replies:
    Views:
  16. nikirushka

Connecting multiple ponds

Brilliant, thank you! I have dug out my other liner and a little waterfall that I'd completely forgotten I had so now I have all the ponds together and I am planning the layout :)
    Brilliant, thank you! I have dug out my other liner and a little waterfall that I'd completely forgotten I had so now I have all the ponds together and I am planning the layout :)
    Replies:
    Views:
  17. kyleleonard

Small Free Standing Ponds

If you do keep fish outdoors in the winter, pop a floating ball on the surface to keep a hole in any forming ice... this allows gasses to escape. The fish hibernate on the bottom and mustn't be...
    If you do keep fish outdoors in the winter, pop a floating ball on the surface to keep a hole in any forming ice... this allows gasses to escape. The fish hibernate on the bottom and mustn't be fed when ? below 10 degrees. You can also get a grid to place on top when kiddies are about.
    If you do keep fish outdoors in the winter, pop a floating ball on the surface to keep a hole in any forming ice... this allows gasses to escape. The fish hibernate on the bottom and mustn't be fed when ? below 10 degrees. You can also get a...
    If you do keep fish outdoors in the winter, pop a floating ball on the surface to keep a hole in any forming ice... this allows gasses to escape. The fish hibernate on the bottom and mustn't be...
    Replies:
    Views:
  18. LindsayH

Your advice on a new pond please.

hi, would one of those solar powered pump thingys work in a wee pond? Thanks
    Replies:
    Views:
  19. HYCOMFG

Canadian Pond weed (elodea) control

Roundup is aproved for use on aquatic plants and is reasnably effective, however i tend to agree with wallnut.As with all pesticides and herbicides, you should follow the instructions as per...
    Roundup is aproved for use on aquatic plants and is reasnably effective, however i tend to agree with wallnut.As with all pesticides and herbicides, you should follow the instructions as per dose, The manufacture's carefully calculate the dose rate and doubling the dose is usually...
    Roundup is aproved for use on aquatic plants and is reasnably effective, however i tend to agree with wallnut.As with all pesticides and herbicides, you should follow the instructions as per dose, The manufacture's carefully calculate the...
    Roundup is aproved for use on aquatic plants and is reasnably effective, however i tend to agree with wallnut.As with all pesticides and herbicides, you should follow the instructions as per...
    Replies:
    Views:
  20. joolz68

naughty pond fish

Ya better get an early night then :heehee: pick a sunny day its easier to spot them:blue thumb:and i hope everything runs smooth on the move for your sister xx
    Ya better get an early night then :heehee: pick a sunny day its easier to spot them:blue thumb:and i hope everything runs smooth on the move for your sister xx
    Replies:
    Views:
  21. Ellen

Larvae in my pond

It does make you wonder @honeybunny! I told my husband what Clueless said, haha, the face he pulled!! He thought he was invincible!! :lol:
    It does make you wonder @honeybunny! I told my husband what Clueless said, haha, the face he pulled!! He thought he was invincible!! :lol:
    Replies:
    Views:
  22. Dean

Pond advise and tips please.

Hi Dean, I dug my pond in 1993 and used sand, about 3 inches deep, two layers of carpet, and I haven't had a problem so far. Watergarden is right in saying that the weight of the water pressing...
    Hi Dean, I dug my pond in 1993 and used sand, about 3 inches deep, two layers of carpet, and I haven't had a problem so far. Watergarden is right in saying that the weight of the water pressing down on the liner and the underlay is the problem. But if you've checked for any stones and removed...
    Hi Dean, I dug my pond in 1993 and used sand, about 3 inches deep, two layers of carpet, and I haven't had a problem so far. Watergarden is right in saying that the weight of the water pressing down on the liner and the underlay is the problem....
    Hi Dean, I dug my pond in 1993 and used sand, about 3 inches deep, two layers of carpet, and I haven't had a problem so far. Watergarden is right in saying that the weight of the water pressing...
    Replies:
    Views:
  23. spuggie

Duckweed...friend or foe?

This is a rather dubious benefit, caused mainly by the shade from the duckweed. Clear, shaded water under a duckweed carpet does not support a great deal of life (some around the duckweed itself,...
    This is a rather dubious benefit, caused mainly by the shade from the duckweed. Clear, shaded water under a duckweed carpet does not support a great deal of life (some around the duckweed itself, detritivores on the bottom, not much in between). Green water shouldn't be much of a problem...
    This is a rather dubious benefit, caused mainly by the shade from the duckweed. Clear, shaded water under a duckweed carpet does not support a great deal of life (some around the duckweed itself, detritivores on the bottom, not much in between). ...
    This is a rather dubious benefit, caused mainly by the shade from the duckweed. Clear, shaded water under a duckweed carpet does not support a great deal of life (some around the duckweed itself,...
    Replies:
    Views:
  24. clueless1

I'm building a pond - is my plan ok?

Cheers Kristen, PM on its way:)
    Replies:
    Views:
  25. John Kitching

How can my pond be this bad?

Hello John Kitching, no question is stupid, if you don't know you ask, which is what you are doing.Filter foams get clogged, so the idea really is get a bucket of pond water (doesn't have to...
    Hello John Kitching, no question is stupid, if you don't know you ask, which is what you are doing.Filter foams get clogged, so the idea really is get a bucket of pond water (doesn't have to be a bucket though, a storage box is fine) and shake and rinse (if you see what I mean) do them one...
    Hello John Kitching, no question is stupid, if you don't know you ask, which is what you are doing.Filter foams get clogged, so the idea really is get a bucket of pond water (doesn't have to be a bucket though, a storage box is fine) and...
    Hello John Kitching, no question is stupid, if you don't know you ask, which is what you are doing.Filter foams get clogged, so the idea really is get a bucket of pond water (doesn't have to...
    Replies:
    Views:

Thread Display Options

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice