�£75 fine 4 parking at work!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Helofadigger, Apr 3, 2008.

1. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    The other day our son Dan got a parking ticket for parking longer than the 3 allowed hours shoppers have in the retail park where he works.

Now employees are allowed to park their cars in the carpark free of charge but the company that has taken over the monitoring firm seems to have gone mental and has sent everyone regardless whether they work there or not a parking ticket.

The fine states pay within a certain amount of days otherwise it goes upto �£90, now this got our lad very worried paying money out always troubles him lol.

Anyway he went into work yesterday not his normal self and workmates asked him why he was so upset upon which he waved the ticket at them and was stunned when they all fell over laughing 'Dan you're not that special we all have one and if it makes you feel any better the manager has got 7!

Well as most of you know managers don't like to be put out and it was all taken care of....but today yet another one rolled through the door!

I seems the company has made a killing as on March 26th & 27th Westlife was playing at the arena and some naughty people in fact about 1,000 or so of them parked in the retail carpark instead of paying the area's fee of a tenner or so.....needless to say I hope those people had a good night out because it just cost them a little bit extra that night! :D Hel.xxx.

2. Sarraceniac

Sarraceniac Gardener

Ratings:
    +3
    I'm not surprised Helen. The whole of society has gone b****y balmy. Everybody wants to make as much money as possible out of everybody else. I blame it on the Welsh. (Well why not? Someone has to be blamed.) :D

3. Banana Man

Banana Man You're Growing On Me ...

SuperHero...
    Ratings:
    +410
    I thought you were going to say it was an april fool [​IMG]

4. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    No BM but it would have been very scary if someone had done that on the guys I think that they would have rioted although most of the guys might appear to be a little nerdy well all expect Dan but boy they can all gang up on management when they have too....you know the one 'One for all and all for on! :D Hel.xxx.

5. daitheplant

daitheplant Total Gardener

Retired
    Ratings:
    +2,881
    Hey, John Bach. We Welsh have banned hospitals from charging parking fees. In Cwmbran, where I live, ALL car parking is free. Even for those people who are only 25% Welsh. :D

6. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    i thought april fool also :D :D

7. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Hi all another update Dan's had two more through the door and it appears to have upset a great deal of shoppers and has even made local news...not Dan getting the parking tickets I hasten to add but poor shoppers just going for a quick nosy around the shops.

It appears that the people behind the camera's are only noting down the first entry to the carpark and the last exit so if people go away and make multi trips later on the same day (if you know what I mean?) the 'camera people' are stating that the cars stayed the whole time in the carpark they're even counting the whole time they went away! :eek: Hel.xxx.

8. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Helen sorry to hear about your sons problems with the parking fines. :rolleyes:

Where Mr Kandy used to park near where he works has been turned into a large hole raedy for an olymipic sized swimming pool as the whole of the town where he works is going through a period or knocking down the old shops and rebuilding of new ones to try and attract more shoppers into the town centre. :rolleyes:

He and his work colleagues were told to use the multi storey car park which they were using for free as was all the shoppers.Just before our holiday last September a notice was left on all the cars stating that by a certain date anyone who parked in the carpark for longer than four hours would have to pay �£10 a day,�£50 per week to park there,which would have been �£200 to pay out of their wages etc. :rolleyes:

Since the charges were finally brought in they have all had to find alternative parking arrangements which is annoying all the local residents because there isn't anywhere else sensible to park so a lot of the workers {shops and offices}are parking down the side streets,and the residents are going mad,which is understandable.

Also a lot of the shoppers are refusing to use the multi storey car park because for years it was always free but since the redevelopment and having to pay it has kept a lot of the shopers away so now the shops are losing trade.There doesn't seem any end to it at the moment.

I do hope that in the end Dan manages to get it all sorted out because as usual it is England gone mad :( :mad:

9. strongylodon

strongylodon Old Member

Retired
    Ratings:
    +29,674
    I remember when we used to pay for how long we parked (pay on exit), they weren't making enough out of us so it is all pay on entry, much more revenue.
    :mad:

10. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Thanks Kandy Dan's just taken it along with all the others for his works to sort out.

I don't think shoppers would really mind about paying to park while they shopped at retail parks although I'm sure there will be some who think it's a bit of a cheek after all most retail parks are out of the way and you need a blooming car to get there!

I think one of the problems is that there are no parking meters in the retail park nothing where you can 'buy' a ticket from and it has always been free while you shop there.

The only problem is that the retail park (where Dan works) is so close to tram lines into Sheffield in fact right at the back of Valley Centertainment Leisure Park where commuters try to park and ride on the trams.

The leisure park in turn is just a hop and a skip over the road to Hallam FM Arena where all the big shows are put on and as we all know if people think that they can get away with not paying the arena's parking fee they will walk a little to save their pennies!

I think it's because of the arena parking problems that it has all started the ball rolling with these tickets although truth be told the retail park has alway had the sign that states 3 hour free parking only.

I had joked to Dan that maybe he should make a sign and pop it on this window so that the cameras can clearly pick it up which states 'I work here you blooming idiots' although not in those words oh course! :D Hel.xxx.

11. The Lost Antheus

The Lost Antheus Gardener

Ratings:
    +5
    Found this on the web which may be useful
    " The "charge" is alleged under contract law and you have committed no offence. What you have is an "invoice" from a private parking company who allege you have breached their terms and conditions by parking and/or overstaying on one of the sites they manage. It has no status in law.

The reality is that they will almost certainly not be able to enforce against you and will not seek to do so. Instead they will use debt collectors who will endlessly threaten imminent litigation, references to credit agencies, personal visits, bailiffs and the sky falling on your head.

In fact they can only enforce it in law by bringing litigation in a civil court against the driver and proving a breach of prominently displayed terms and conditions. You have no responsibility to tell them who was driving (even if it was you)."

found it on this site http://www.roadsidelawyer.co.uk/

12. Helofadigger

Helofadigger Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    That's just what my son found out the other day although as for debt collectors coming to the door demanding we pay up well they will have a shock when the see the size of our boys....me thinks that they will run screaming down the path! :D Hel.xxx.