1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

21 days after

Discussion in 'Lawns' started by Tim Shields, May 31, 2017.

1. Tim Shields

Tim Shields Gardener

IT Geek
    Ratings:
    +60
    Due to the wet weather over winter, and the fact my soil is really compacted clay, I spent a weekend 3 weeks ago giving the lawn what-for.

Mowed as short as I possibly could
    Aerated (with a fork - and not very successfully)
    Scarified - but with the rake attachment so it just brought up thatch (3x big brown bins worth)
    Overseed
    Top dress.

I've been taking photo's every morning to measure progress and thought I'd share a picture showing the garden the day after the work was done, compared to 3 weeks later.

20170530_074208-COLLAGE.jpg

Given our soil is just the worst ever for trying to grow grass, I'm hoping this may help others get over the "WTF have I done!" stage of spring lawn care...

Now just have to wait till this weekend (weather permitting) before I give it a cut!

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Phil A

Phil A Guest

Ratings:
      +0
      Done a great job Tim :thumbsup:

• Phil A

Phil A Guest

Ratings:
      +0
      Must admit from the thread title I was expecting a Zombie Apocalypse though :heehee:

• Funny Funny x 1
      • "M"

"M" Total Gardener

Ratings:
        +31,885
        Your hard work has certainly paid off ... it looks wonderful! Top job :thumbsup:

• Verdun

Verdun Passionate gardener

Ratings:
        +17,487
        Excellent Tim :wow:
        Dont be tempted to cut too short. A raised cut and mowing once a week will keep your lawn looking good. A feed every 4 to 6 weeks too :)