3/4" or 22mm Hoses & Attachments

Discussion in 'General Gardening Discussion' started by maltaron, Jun 6, 2007.

1. maltaron

maltaron Gardener

Ratings:
    +10
    I have recently moved to a new home with a water meter. On the plus side I have a small river flowing through my garden. I am trying to find a suitable method of water extraction from the river.(I believe we can legally extract a small amount daily). The problem is that any pump with a decent output needs a minimum 22mm hose. Does any one know a supplier of 22mm sprayer and sprinkler equipment? TIA

2. Hyla arborea

Hyla arborea Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Nothing to be found! But lots of people here have wells and use electric pumps for those - they just connect the output hose from the pump to a length of copper tube with a reducer in close to the sprinkler or irrigation system so they don't get a pressure drop over the distance from the pump. Might that work fo you??

3. walnut

walnut Gardener

Ratings:
    +15
    It should be easy enough to obtain fittings to reduce you down from 22mm to 15mm you should then be able to use standard hose fittings, as long as you are not transporting the water too great a distance it should have sufficient pressure.

4. CharlieTwickers

CharlieTwickers Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Do a Google search for Hozelock Water Butt Pump - about �£40 but needs to connect to electric point.

5. Pro Gard

Pro Gard Gardener

Ratings:
    +6