1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

6 Tomato plants £3.35 delivered @ T&M

Discussion in 'Freebies, Offers & Bargains' started by WeeTam, Mar 25, 2018.

1. WeeTam

WeeTam Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +3,220
    • Like Like x 1
    • Scrungee

Scrungee Well known for it

Ratings:
      +21,782
      "1 tomato collection (6 plug plants)"

"Despatch: by end of May 2018"

tandm plugs.JPG

If T&M's plug diagram is to scale and at it's maximum size (90mm overall), then the cells of those plugs are approx 36mm deep and the plants are only 54mm/2" high above soil level.

If their diagram is showing them at the 50mm minimum overall size, the cells would be approx. 20mm high and the plants only 30mm/1.2" high above soil level.

No wonder packs of them are described as being able to fit through a letter box!

The end of May sounds rather late for plug plants, and I want my cordon toms to be 225mm/9" to 300mm/12" high by then for planting out.

• Informative Informative x 1
      • WeeTam

WeeTam Total Gardener

Ratings:
        +3,220
        I get what your saying . I Havent bought from t&m for years and as my toms are up and running i wont be buying either.

But having said that i still think 6 varieties delivered for 3 quid to a new gardener seems a good deal to me. 50p a plant onto the windowsill and youll get your toms by end july. Great for a new grower who cant be bothered/hasnt got time/or cant face the buying of 6 different packets of seeds,sowing etc

• Like Like x 1