A backgarden Callofduty would be proud!

Discussion in 'General Gardening Discussion' started by garjobo, Mar 31, 2011.

1. garjobo

garjobo Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Hello ALL,

Heres hoping some kind soul can advise..

Back of garden, have a 15ft by 15ft hole..or as my work colleague likes to call it, something you'd see in Callofduty! I dug it out last year with the intention of laying a patio...however the money has dried up so to speak and my daughter is wanting to play in her back garden...yes im giving you a sob story now!!

So - all year literally the its been like a pond..frog spawn, ice..you name it...all floating in it. Ive decided i now want to make to level this off and make a lawn..with small circular pation area - from some decent stone we have.

SO - question for you -in the know - guys....seeing as the soil is like a pond everytime it rains....its about a foot or more deep...which i plan to now fill again, level off and plant seed. Whats the best materials i need for this?

..throw the soil back in, rake it flat, then buy some decent top soil, little compost perhaps? then toss seed onto it....i was thinking - as im a foot deep..putting in sharp sand..and stones....in the hope will help water drainage? any good? then add soil, top soil and seed.

Please..as you can clearly see..im an idiot..and in dire need for help...espicially now with the lighter nights, aching to get this sorted asap.