A golden oldie!

Discussion in 'Photography Talk' started by Sheal, Jun 26, 2013.

1. Sheal

Sheal Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +53,889
    My other half wants to part company with this old camera but doesn't know if it has any value. Has anyone any ideas what it would be worth, if anything please?

IMG_1927.JPG

IMG_1926.JPG

IMG_1928.JPG

IMG_1930.JPG

2. Bilbo675

Bilbo675 Total Gardener

Gardener & Plant Sales
    Ratings:
    +6,654
    Hi Sheal, just had a quick look on Ebay and there's a handful on there, one on a 'buy it now' at £29.95 and there's another with 1 bid at £11.99 with 17 hours left of the auction......hope this helps a little :)

• Like Like x 1
    • JazzSi

JazzSi Super Gardener

Ratings:
      +2,239
      One of these went for £3.21 on ebay recently.

• Like Like x 1
      • clueless1

clueless1 member... yep, that's what I am:)

Ratings:
        +19,596
        Be careful when using eBay to get an idea of value. Anything is worth as much as someone is willing to pay.

Years ago, I bought a mint condition Sinclair ZX81, still in its original box with original manuals, for £1 on the car boot sale. I didn't buy it as a collector's item. I bought it because I was studying electronics and wanted to experiment with microprocessor control and robotics, but didn't want to spend money on expensive kit. I didn't get round to carrying out my plans, so it sat on top of my wardrobe for a year or two until I moved out, then I think it probably got binned. I once had a look, there were ones in far worse condition going for well over £100, and one for, you've guessed it, a quid. I've got an Amiga 1200 upstairs. Currently not worth much because there are still Amiga 500s in circulation, but once they run out, the A1200 will be the next cult classic (besides, I can't bear to part with it).

I know nothing about cameras, but down the local booter there is usually a stall selling loads for 50p each.

• Like Like x 1
        • Agree Agree x 1
        • Sheal

Sheal Total Gardener

Ratings:
          +53,889
          Thanks all, we'll think on what you have replied. :)

• "M"

"M" Total Gardener

Ratings:
          +31,885
          I have a 1920's "Pocket Instamatic Kodak" camera (not dissimilar, in style, to the one you have posted about, Sheal)

My one has the original "silver stylus" which enables the user to "write" a note on the photograph (very hi tech for the day).

In the 1980's, I was desperate for money and took it to be valued at a local antique shop: they offered me a fiver. At the time, I believed I was being undersold and didn't take up their offer.

I have no reason to believe it would fetch much more today (based on a tutor of mine who collects old cameras) They are not items which have favoured a raise in price.

I'm happy to stand corrected though and I do hope/wish you well in getting a good price from an enthusiast :dbgrtmb:

• Like Like x 2
          • Sheal

Sheal Total Gardener

Ratings:
            +53,889
            Thanks 'M', our camera wouldn't fit in your pocket it's quite large and heavy. :)

• Funny Funny x 1
            • "M"

"M" Total Gardener

Ratings:
              +31,885
              Totally understand: but, I think my "pocket" version was designed for 1920's 'pockets' (which were deeper, less svelt, and far more "accommodating" :heehee:

I'm reminded of a 1980's (? maybe '90's?) , Lenny Henry, sketch where he re-enacted a businessman, setting out for work: in his pockets he stuffed; a calculator, a brick sized "mobile" phone (and umpteen items this time of night fails to recall) with the upshot that, having put all 'required' items into pockets, he couldn't get up from his breakfast table for the sheer weight of them :roflol:

I'm fairly sure a "pocket" camera was amongst the items! :heehee:

• Like Like x 1
              • Funny Funny x 1
              • Sheal

Sheal Total Gardener

Ratings:
                +53,889
                My daughter sold the camera today on a local advertising site. £30, pleased with that. :)

• Like Like x 2