1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Please note - to keep GC running smoothly, from time to time the staff will have to close a long thread and continue it in a new thread. You too can do your bit to help - if you have a long running PM conversation, please terminate the conversation and start a new conversation. For further information, please contact a member of the staff team.
    Dismiss Notice

A lick of paint..

Discussion in 'Garden Projects and DIY' started by Tetters, May 19, 2017.

1. Tetters

Tetters Super Gardener

Ratings:
    +1,260
    I built the wall last year using next door`s broken slabs, but what to do with the ugly wall behind :scratch: The new pergola/archway is nice and sturdy - THIS one won`t fall over in the wind!
    DSC00003 (2).JPG
    SO...I painted, and planted. Now waiting for growth, and after last night`s rain, I reckon it all has a fighting chance :yawn:.....:snooze:

..(just adding, the 'before' picture didn`t materialise. Copy and paste didn`t work :sad: )

• Like Like x 3
    • Tetters

Tetters Super Gardener

Ratings:
      +1,260
      DSC00006.JPG
      Ah ! here it is..

• Like Like x 1
      • wiseowl

wiseowl Friendly Owl Admin Staff Member

Philosophy of people
        Ratings:
        +46,304
        Good morning @Tetters my good friend thats a cracking job,why not get some stencils and have some colourful characters or something similar just to take the bareness off or a trellis with a lovely climbing rose;):blue thumb:

• Like Like x 2
        • Agree Agree x 1
        • Tetters

Tetters Super Gardener

Ratings:
          +1,260
          Morning Mr Woo, I did consider a mural (or Muriel as Hilda Ogden would have said) but I think the parthenocissus will take over fairly well, and some of the other planting is quite tall. There is a Miscanthus zebrina there, and a very rampant rambling rose growing over the archway, as well as Lonicera halliana for scent, so I shall watch and wait this year. Thanks for the suggestions :smile:

• Like Like x 2
          • Friendly Friendly x 1