A winters tale...

Discussion in 'Members Hobbies' started by spotofbother, Oct 30, 2008.

1. spotofbother

spotofbother Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    My gorgeous OH has a winter alone in France. With the nights drawing in he has little to amuse himself of an evening (no smutt thank you - lol!). He would like to make a lathe for himself as a new pursuit and skill. He does have plans (and google), though I wanted to know if anybody had any experience in making one themselves, or could share any suggestions to help him. He is very practical and possesses real ingenuity, I would gift him myself though I feel it would give him real pleasure to fabricate one himself. Thank you all readers. Carly x

2. walnut

walnut Gardener

Ratings:
    +15
    You don't say if it is a metal working lathe or a wood turning lathe he intends to make if it's the former here are a good set of plans http://www.drywallinfo.com/how-to-wood-lathe.html
    and for a metal turning lathe there is a good book, The Metal Lathe (Build Your Own Metal Working Shop from S****) (Paperback)
    by David Gingery (Author) maybe you could get him the book for an early christmas present.