Aaaaahhh - a pill found

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by borrowers, Dec 5, 2008.

1. borrowers

borrowers Gardener

Ratings:
    +48
    Evening all,
    Tonight I reached into my tobacco tin to get a cigarette tip and guess what I pulled out? A flipping capsule!!!!

It is small, all white and the only writing on it looks like it is a tiny label with 'T50' written on it. It is leaking white powder.

This is not a joke. what should I do? There's no kids or anything around and Joyce wouldn't eat anything that looked like a pill plus the tips are very noticeable if lying on the floor.

We have a lot of tablets in the house but no capsules like this and none lying loose anyway. It must have come out of the box of tips we bought. It seems like it's the only one.

Should I send it back to the tip manufacturers?

cheers

2. lollipop

lollipop Gardener

Ratings:
    +24
    I`d bin it Borrowers. I have quickly googled a medicine site and it says two things-either anabolic steroid or a thyroid medication. Slimming tabs possibly??

3. borrowers

borrowers Gardener

Ratings:
    +48
    Blimey, could use a slimming one! Naughty joke.

It's just that I found it in with the tips. We don't have any thyroid meds and I have had some steroids recently for a chest/lung problem but none of them looked like this. Weird eh?

I think I'll send it back to Swans anyway. Dont think it would be used in the manufacturing but maybe one of their staff was on them?????

cheers claire

4. strongylodon

strongylodon Old Member

Retired
    Ratings:
    +29,477
    Bin the capsule, tin and the habit.:)
    Not getting at you. :flag:

5. Shobhna

Shobhna Gardener

Ratings:
    +8
    let us know what Swan have to say when they receive that capsule from you.

6. Marley Farley

Marley Farley Affable Admin! Staff Member

Grandmother Gardener Councillor Homemaker
    Ratings:
    +14,126
    :dh::wink: Putting aside what you were doing to find it borrowers...:flag::flag: I too would be very very interested to know what Swan have to say..... If it was leaking it could/would have been on the other tips you have already used.....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:(:mad: Send it registered too..!!!

7. Paladin

Paladin Gardening...A work of Heart

Retired but still grubbing the soil.
    Ratings:
    +770
    I used that brand when I was on the baccy and always wondered if the lad in the shop was opening them and nicking a few from each box because they are not foil wrapped and easily got at. You never know what nasty drugs get on your smokes to harm you do you?:D
    Not judging in anyway borrowers...just nothing worse than a reformer I'm told:hehe:

8. Pro Gard

Pro Gard Gardener

Ratings:
    +6
    Definately send it back but photo it and send it recorded, Persistence pays and often you get money or vouchers back as a token of compensation.

I got a load of tescos vouchers after I found a bit of plastic in a jar of coffe and wrote in to complain

9. borrowers

borrowers Gardener

Ratings:
    +48
    Thanks for all your messages. Haven't sent it yet but have it still wrapped up safely. Hopefully will get to send it in next couple of days.

Good tips re photo etc. Thanks all.

cheers