Accident with camera

Discussion in 'Photography Talk' started by rosa, Jan 27, 2007.

1. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    [​IMG]
    I have this nikon lite touch camera and it fell out of my bag on holiday and the end fell off were the film is held put the bits together and as you can see there is a little bit missing.
    will i be able to get it fixed and havnt had the film developed yet do you think it might of been exposed, I,m really upset about it as i have had it for quite a number of years and it takes excellent pictures

2. Hornbeam

Hornbeam Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    It all depends on if it is still light proof or not. Is the back tight or loose when closed? Best thing is to take it into a camera shop when you get the film developed and they will advise you. Camera repairs are quite expensive so it may not be worth while. If the back closes securely and doesn't let in any light, then you can carry on using it.

3. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    the back seems tight, will take it to the same shop were i bought it, then i will know iff the film has been exposed or not.
    hb just opened the door of the camera and it appears tp open without the whole back falling off.
    if i find out its not going to be any good, will check the price of the same camera as i only paid around �£80 for this one, its been a good camera and i like to have an additional one that holds films.call me old fashioned :D