Acer being decimated by something :(

Discussion in 'Pests, Diseases and Cures' started by Delta, Aug 7, 2016.

1. Delta

Delta Gardener

Disabled, unemployed.
    Ratings:
    +15
    Hi all
    i've read some other posts of a similar nature but mine's slightly different. This acer is roughly about 4 yrs old & bought off an online seller 2 yrs ago. It wasn't in great shape when it arrived but |'d hoped the new season might improve things - however, it's only now starting to put out new growth that looks brilliant. It's container grown with good drainage & feeding etc.

BUT the older leaves seem to have been heavily attacked by something (invisible!) - I've hunted for a culprit without success, and sprayed with a reputable bug spray monthly.

Any suggestions of a likely pest I could hunt down & eradicate perhaps?

Attached Files:

2. Freddy

Freddy Miserable git, well known for it

Retired - yay!
    Ratings:
    +12,508
    The first thing I would want to know is, what compost did you use? Also, you've said you've fed it, what did you use? Location also plays a part. Is it sheltered from wind and direct sunshine?

Last edited: Aug 7, 2016
  3. daitheplant

daitheplant Total Gardener

Retired
    Ratings:
    +2,881
    00000000000000000000000000001348Firstly, that container needs weeding lol lol lol, as for the leaf damage, I would say the edges have been eaten by Keel slugs and the holes are caused by scorch.

• Like Like x 1
    • honeybunny

honeybunny Head Gardener

Ratings:
      +1,915
      Quick! Call the weeding police! 2016-08-10-20-51-11--1897866065.jpg animated-police-and-cop-image-0097.gif

• Like Like x 1
      • Funny Funny x 1