Adobe Cloud

Discussion in 'Photography Talk' started by Cjt2014, Nov 23, 2013.

1. Cjt2014

Cjt2014 Gardener

Ratings:
    +532
    Hi I am currently looking at going on a plan with Adobe cloud so I was wondering if any of you are currently using it, your thoughts would be welcome. I really want to boost myself with my photography and will build my own website.

I currently use adobe CS4 extended which I got when I started a photography online course but
    never managed to finish it....:doh:

Having viewed on there website they have had a security issue I still have reserves about uploading my files to cloud, so have any of you done this..?

Regards Carl.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • "M"

"M" Total Gardener

Ratings:
      +31,885
      I am anti "cloud".
      Nothing in the latest news reports endears me to the concept either.

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Cjt2014

Cjt2014 Gardener

Ratings:
        +532
        I think it is a way of getting access to these programmes, saying that I suppose you will pay more with a monthly payment, but like you "M" the concept is a cheat on those of us that don't have the megabucks.

• Like Like x 1
        • Agree Agree x 1
        • Dave W

Dave W Total Gardener

Anything I fancy and can afford!
          Ratings:
          +3,035
          If you already have CS4, but as you say didn't finish the course, it might be wiser to get fully acquainted and proficient with what you already have before lashing out more cash on the add-ons.
          If you are wanting to market your photos there are internet sites for this some are free others you pay for. If you want to build your own website you don't need Adobe Cloud.

• Agree Agree x 1
          • Loofah

Loofah Admin Staff Member

Ratings:
            +23,862
            I bought the CS5 creative suite a few years ago and never had the need to upgrade beyond. I think if I was forced to like Adobe want with cs6+ I wouldn't bother .

Get yourself a copy of CS5 - cheaper than cs6 and you aren't obligated to the cloud

What would you be looking at for the website? Really you want Fireworks for interactive graphics, Dreamweaver for coding

• Agree Agree x 1