agapanthus 'Dorothy Palmer'

Discussion in 'General Gardening Discussion' started by windy miller, Jul 29, 2006.

1. windy miller

windy miller Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Good morning all,
    Been given 3 of these bulbs. When should I plant them? Can I grow them in a pot until I see what they're like? They were passed to me via my gran so info was a little, er, vague! Bless her :rolleyes:

2. strongylodon

strongylodon Old Member

Retired
    Ratings:
    +29,676
    Pot them up now, there's time to put on some growth and leave them there untill they are established then you can decide where you want them, in the pot or in a border. [​IMG]

3. windy miller

windy miller Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Strongy, hopefully they will turn out to be agapanthus and not something bizarre, but it all adds to the excitement! [​IMG]

4. Mona Lisa

Mona Lisa Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Our Agapanthus are in their 3rd year, in the flower bed and have multiplied well every year,they are about 90 cm high and the flower heads roughly 20 cm across ... they will grow well in pots ....they go to nothing in winter, need winter cover from frosts and not too wet .... a beautiful specimen...one of the nicest 'blues' like our Plumbago ! :cool: M-L

5. windy miller

windy miller Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks ML,
    Love the bottle of wine, wish I had one like that that keeps refilling itself! :D