An Alternative Garden Show - Grow London

Discussion in 'Events' started by shiney, Jun 16, 2014.

1. shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
    Ratings:
    +122,466
    For those of you within reach of London there's a new show this weekend. It's on Hampstead Heath, which is a lovely place to visit anyway.

The info says that there will be about 100 stands, free lectures and workshops, 20 minute free garden design advice (bring along plans and photos of your garden) and free garden advice and plant Agony Uncle advice from a head gardener.

http://growlondon.com/london/about/

• Informative Informative x 1
    • shiney

shiney President, Grumpy Old Men's Club Staff Member

Retired - Last Century!!!
      Ratings:
      +122,466
      Here's a newspaper article from the day before the show opened.
      http://www.independent.co.uk/proper...t-a-garden-launches-this-weekend-9549399.html

It's not quite as described in the article (we were at the preview last night) as there were certainly things of interest to the experienced gardener but it's not a gardening show as we know it.

There were some interesting plants and plant ideas but its emphasis was on garden accessories and furniture.

The main object of the show is to raise money for a charity 'The Garden Museum' and I hope that the event is successful enough to make it an annual event. It would be a good day out if it is combined with a visit to Hampstead Heath and it's surrounding areas.

I'll have a look through our photos to see if there's something of interest - I'm sure there is! :)

• Like Like x 1