Any horse racing people?

Discussion in 'Members Hobbies' started by Gretzky, Aug 8, 2012.

1. Gretzky

Gretzky Gardener

Protective Coatings Inspector
    Ratings:
    +278
    I just love going to the races. Big or small meetings, I don`t care. I love the atmosphere and buzz that`s around the parade ring, checking the runners out and testing you 'skill' in picking out the winner.

I`m extremely fortunate that members of my family own or share 6 racehorses. Some good and some selling platers :snork:

We had a couple of runners at York last Friday and Saturday and overall, they went well. This one is called Cash is king and ran 3rd to a very well thought of winner which I believe is going for the Gymcrack stakes. Trained by Richard Fahey in Malton and we had the pleasure of looking around his yard on the Saturday morning. We have three horses with him.

The four of us, had a brilliant night at the track, finished of with a free show by Claire Grogan (Altered Images), Marc Almond (Soft Cell), Martin Fry (ABC) and Tony Hadley (Spandau Ballet).

Cash is king
    [​IMG]

Sunset over the Knavesmire
    [​IMG]

2. katiew102

katiew102 Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    I have never been to the races - I am quite intrigued though.
    I love horse riding, I find it absolutely amazing in so many ways!
    Those pictures are beautiful, too. This is very persuasive for me to bite the bullet and go to be honest!
    Although I detest large races like the Grand National and things - I find them quite cruel and too many horses and their jockeys get injured for my liking...