any ideas?!

Discussion in 'General Gardening Discussion' started by DUBMAN2011, Jun 12, 2011.

1. DUBMAN2011

DUBMAN2011 Apprentice Gardener

I'm a carpenter and joiner
    Ratings:
    +5
    right here goes.....I've been in my house for a year now, it's a new build and it's my 1st house. the grass needless to say the state of the gardens on the new builds aren't given alot of love. I have battled with the grass throughout the year getting it to the state it is now. its lush and green now but.......I have two dogs and they wernt effecting the grass to much before as they were puppies, now as they are getting older their "pee" is getting stronger and beginning to burn patches in my grass. its not too much the bitch dog, it's the male dog as there pee is alot stronger.
    I have been over seeding the grass and the patches I have been treating and it is working but it's taking alot longer than I thought. is there anything I could buy/do to assist the grass situation?

2. kyleleonard

kyleleonard Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +950
    I've read other people on here have the same problem.

I think many people's advise is to use water to flush anywhere they pee (if you see where they do it) to stop it burning/killing the grass.

You could try buying stuff, like gel which stops animals pee/pooing in certain places, but where else would they pee? It's a tricky one.. :scratch:

3. Sheal

Sheal Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +53,886
    A drastic measure is to put a small amount of tomato sauce in your dogs dinner once a day, apparently it works by neutralising the urine. I've not tried it, but I've been told it works. :)