Any pets artists out there?

Discussion in 'Pets Corner' started by Floydgreg, May 23, 2007.

1. Floydgreg

Floydgreg Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, I don't know if anyone can help... I am looking for someone who would be able to draw/paint/sketch a picture of my dog.

Unfortunately due to cancer she is living on borrowed time and although she seems fine at the moment I am aware it is only a matter of time.. I would love to have a nice pic I could frame to remember her by when it all gets too much for her. I am willing to pay, although cannot afford too much due to all the treatment she has had to have. If anyone can help, please let me know. Also if anyone can tell me how (In simple terms!!) I'll add a photo of my beautiful girl. Thanks. x

2. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    I am a pet potrait artist take a look at mine in hobbies section, I paint in water colours, then please feel free to pm me with details. Linda {rosa}

3. tiggs&oscar

tiggs&oscar Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Floydgreg,

I'm so sorry about what you are going through with your dog. Rosa has already answered and I would have told you about her as I have seen her work and and, hopefully, soon she is going to paint for me.

If you feel a need to chat you can also contact me by pm as I've been through the loss of a pet to cancer.

TO

4. Floydgreg

Floydgreg Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks TO,

Sorry to hear of your loss. Floyd is the first dog I've had and though I've had many other animals it's a completly different kind of love that I have for her.

It is hard at times but at the moment you wouldn't believe she's ill, running around (Or maybe that should be hopping as she had a back leg amputated in January!) and playing with toys without a care in the world! Though it's nice that she's still full of vitality and obviously not in any pain it sometimes hits hard when I walk her a bit too far and she gets a bit stiff. She deals with it better than me, if her back leg aches she shuffles along on it instead! Rosa has been kind enough to agree to paint a picture for me, can't wait to see it! She has also put my photos on her site if you would like to have a look.

Floydgreg

5. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    [​IMG]
    Floydgreg hope you dont mind me putting this photo up of floyd this is the photo i am busy painting, thought maybe everyone would like to see her. rosa xx [​IMG]

6. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
  7. Floydgreg

Floydgreg Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Rosa, I don't mind at all. Should have taken it in the finished part of the garden though!!. Thanks, Floydgreg.x

8. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    here is floyd the camera hasnt taken the true colour of the eyes

9. Floydgreg

Floydgreg Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    OMG-Your picture came up just as I sent my reply-It's perfect!!! Have to say it's brought tears to my eyes-Thank you so much. xxxx

10. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    pleased you like her, in the water colour her eyes have got brown in them it just hasnt shown up, she will be on her way to you tuesday

11. Diziblonde

Diziblonde Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Floydgreg, what I lovely dog, I am so sorry to hear she is so ill.

Rosa that is a lovely picture, you have captured her so well.

12. Gogs

Gogs Gardener

Ratings:
    +342
  13. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    pleased you like the water colour diziblonde and gogs

14. marge

marge Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Lovely painting Rosa - youve captured her so well [​IMG] Floyd is a beautiful dog [​IMG]

I have a 13 year old Sprocker Floydgreg, who has had cancer for 4 years - the vets gave her a year at the most!! She doesnt look too brill cos she is very skinny but still has a good quality of life and is quite capable of getting into mischief stiil. Yesterday she ransacked the bin :rolleyes:

Its hard I know, because you are always 'looking' for something thats not right - they dont know what theyve got and just get on with life - its us who worry :( [​IMG]

15. Kedi-Gato

Kedi-Gato Gardener

Ratings:
    +35
    Floydgreg, I am also so sorry to hear about Floyd, she looks such a nice dog and from what you have told us about her, she is really bearing up well, a true fighter.

Rosa, you did an excellent job on Floyd's painting, very well done!

Let's hope that Floyd, and also your dog Marge, have lots of life still left in them. xx