1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone be able to ID this plant?

Discussion in 'Alpine Gardening' started by kindredspirit, May 29, 2015.

1. kindredspirit

kindredspirit Gardening around a big Puddle. :)

Retired.
    Ratings:
    +4,586
    Sorry about quality of photographs. :(

I was given these two identical plants by a neighbouring former who said he found them growing soiless on top of a limestone boulder.

There were roots on each plants but the depth of roots were the same depth as blotting paper! I planted them into a soiless mix of lime dust and water. The resultant mix was just like concrete but they're growing!!! and going to flower!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Anyone know what plant they are? I looked up alpine sites, etc but can't find anything close.

2. Phil A

Phil A Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Similar to Wall Pennywort, but the flowers have a longer spike on that :scratch:

3. kindredspirit

kindredspirit Gardening around a big Puddle. :)

Retired.
    Ratings:
    +4,586
    That's it, Zigs. Wall Pennywort. It's only just started to throw a flower shoot. Thanks.