Anyone going or been to Chelsea

Discussion in 'General Gardening Discussion' started by Scotkat, May 27, 2011.

1. Scotkat

Scotkat Head Gardener

Retired
    Ratings:
    +827
    I was last year and been watching it all week .

Next year hope to get back.

2. Loofah

Loofah Admin Staff Member

Ratings:
    +23,826
    My neighbours went and were very impressed. Must be the rubbing of the shoulders with Titch!

3. SimonZ

SimonZ Gardener

Ratings:
    +746
    Interesting as the Chelsea Sculpture Show may be, I've never quite "twigged" why it is thought relevant to gardening, other than the fact that a few of the sculptors incorporate the odd plant into their architechtural designs.

4. Grumpy

Grumpy Gardener

Ratings:
    +59
    Have to agree with that.

When aged parent used to go, her main interest was the pavilion with all the plant stands. She stopped going when the RHS made one too many price hikes. In her opinion, the television coverage is a joke. I mean if you want to see anything of the plants in the GP you've got to press the 'red button'. Well I've got news for them - if I press the red button on my zapper - it turns the set off !

and another thing - at least £47 to see QPR play at home - I should CoCo!

Cheers.

:rolleyespink:

5. barnaby

barnaby Gardener

Retired
    Ratings:
    +73
    Lots of the plants on show were prepared for Chelsea at Crocus who happen to have an open day next weekend.....

Visited Chelsea in the past but overwhelmed by the number of peoople scrambling all around trying to see the show gardens - not really my 'cup of tea' - that was quite expensive too as I recall..

• Like Like x 1
    • JWK

JWK Gardener Staff Member

Ratings:
      +48,926
      I just though crocus.co.uk was a virtual company selling cheap stuff from Holland, until earlier this week when I ordered a plant from them on their website. I had the option of pick up from their nursery to avoid the delivery charge, which happened to be just a mile off my route home from work to my great surprise. So I called in and they do have an impressive extensive nursery, they told me their Chelsea garden plants would be returning for the Open Day:
      Crocus Open Day

"Ever thought you’d like to see behind the scenes at Crocus.co.uk? Well, now you can.-->

• Ex Chelsea plants for Sale
      • Loads of Bargains (eg Half Price Jasmine, Citrus and olives)
      • an all day clinic with our Plant Doctors"
      If you live nearby Windlesham (Ascot/Windsor) it would be worth a visit. :thumbsup:

• Like Like x 1
      • bobandirus

bobandirus Gardener

Ratings:
        +4