Anyone going to Hampton Court????

Discussion in 'Events' started by Honey Bee, Jun 20, 2007.

1. Honey Bee

Honey Bee Gardener

Queen Bee
    Sunny South coast (well, it used to be......)
    Ratings:
    +54
    o/h has surpassed himself and is taking me to the Hampton Court Flower Show in a couple of weeks time for a special treat. Anyone else going??? Has anyone been? and got any tips/ best parking places/ etc. I'm really excited!!!! (AND its just after pay day!!!!!) [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] Never been to a flower show before....

2. josephine

josephine Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Hi Honeybee,we are going on thursday 5th.
    This will be our 5th year going there,we used to go by train but last year we went by car,before last year we ran out of hands, so it had to be by car.We found Stud Gate car park in Hampton court road great.It's at Longwater gate entrance.
    I think it cost Ã?£8 for the day and you can go in and out to the car when necessary(unload your goodies)We're taking a couple of chairs so we can have a rest and something eat when we return with more goodies.Hope you enjoy your day. [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. Honey Bee

Honey Bee Gardener

Queen Bee
    Ratings:
    +54
    Thanks for the tip, Josephine!!!! Apparantly there are Chaps there with wellbarrows to take the stuff to your car free of charge (tips optional) which I think is an excellent idea!! But the picnic in the car will mean I can but loads more goodies!!! We are going on the Saturday, so won't bump into you - Have fun!!!

4. josephine

josephine Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Hi Honey Bee,don't forget good walking shoes and
    bottles of water. oh! and a brolly.
    Have a great time.

Josie.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. josephine

josephine Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Hi Honey Bee, and all my friends,we have just got back from Hampton Court Flower Show.
    O/H has had his credit card bashed [​IMG] [​IMG] , but i did contribute some cash. [​IMG] .We were lucky with the weather but our feet are so sore.
    We thought the show was great,some of the show gardens were great others left us bemused!!What is so nice about hampton is all the stall holders,shoppers,staff,are so friendly and helpful.We never met or saw anything unpleasant.

6. roders

roders Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +7,093
    [​IMG] Glad you had a great time Jo,wish I could have been with you...............but the nearest I am going to get is BBC 2 to-night and to-morrow...two one hour shows.............Realy looking forward to it.

7. Honey Bee

Honey Bee Gardener

Queen Bee
    Ratings:
    +54
    Hi Josephine

Glad you had a super day - I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO looking forward to tomorrow!!!!! What did you buy????

We sat down last night to watch the programme, but the cable threw a wobbly and went off!!! :mad: :mad: so we hope we can see it tonight.....

I drew some money out the bank to take, hoping to limit my spending, but the credit card may just fall into my pocket by chance!!

we were wondering wellies or walking boots..... and do they have a Pimms stand????????? (or Beer tent)!!!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. josephine

josephine Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Hi Honey Bee,If you have not left yet for the show,there are Pimms stands and loads of food outlets.Ithink you should be fine with walking boots.They had put bark down on the wet places so the ground should be fine.
    Good call of yours (credit card).
    Enjoy your day speak to you later. [​IMG]

9. Honey Bee

Honey Bee Gardener

Queen Bee
    Ratings:
    +54
    Hi Josephine

Had a FAB day!!!! Phew it was so hot!! I must admit, because it was a really long hot day, the alcohol intake was reserved for the free samples, so stuck to the water and coffee. (plus at �£4.50 per glass, that was another plant I would not have been able to buy!!) The credit card didn't get used, but topped up at the cashpoint. And most of the mud had gone too!! :cool: Even hubby had fun....

10. josephine

josephine Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Hi Honey Bee,so glad you and hubby enjoyed yourselves. [​IMG]
    Would you go again?. I'm already looking forward to next year.We bought plants,hanging baskets,growpots for the greenhouse,greenhouse shelving and gadgets,gadgets,gadgets. [​IMG] [​IMG] .
    What did you get?.
    Josie.x

11. Honey Bee

Honey Bee Gardener

Queen Bee
    Ratings:
    +54
    Not sure if we would go again - it was lovely, but a lot of money.... it was nice to have a day away from the little darlings, though!!!
    We bought a beautiful Hibiscus bush, hubby got a set of lethal bbq tools in a case, a few more plants, some extract of barley straw for the pond and something to carry it all in - yes, I got one of those shopping carts!!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]