Aphid

Discussion in 'Pests, Diseases and Cures' started by Honeysuckle, May 4, 2005.

1. Honeysuckle

Honeysuckle Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Hello Everybody,
    I have a massive aphid infestation in my little garden, I don't know what to do. It comes back every year and attackes my honeysuckle and roses. Can anyone help??

2. Allison

Allison Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Yes please help someone - my Honeysuckle suffers every year too! Someone suggested to me that I spray it with water & washing up liquid?? I might wait to do that until I have a second opinion. I prefer organic solutions to these problems if possible.

:confused:

3. SteveW

SteveW Gardener

Ratings:
    +2
    washing up .liquid and water is one way if you don't want the quick fix of chemicals

also when you find any ladybirds in the garden put these on it (they can munch incredible amounts of aphids [​IMG] )

[ May 05, 2005, 12:35 PM: Message edited by: SteveW ]

4. Allison

Allison Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Steve - will do the waashing up trick tomorrow.. as for ladybirds, I put one on it today :D

5. Honeysuckle

Honeysuckle Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the washing-up liquid cure. I've done it, and now my honey-suckle is covered in DEAD aphid ha ha ha ha ha!! I did find a ladybird and put her on but I haven't seen her since.