Aphids in autumn.

Discussion in 'Pests, Diseases and Cures' started by groundbeetle, Oct 9, 2022.

1. groundbeetle

groundbeetle Gardener

Ratings:
    +443
    During the summer my Violas and other plants were free from aphids, but in the past few days I have found a few blackfly on my Nasturtiums, greenfly on a bunch of rose buds, and the strange type of aphid that were killing my Violas in the spring beginning to come back.

I had run out of what seemed to work in the spring and early summer, the water from soaking Erigeron karvinskianus for at least a couple of days and preferably longer. I have put some more Erigeron karvinskianus in water to soak and in the meantime did my best to try to remove the aphids, especially from my Violas.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Balc

Balc Total Gardener

Retired
      Ratings:
      +9,684
      In the last couple of weeks I've planted out lots of Pansies on the balcony. For the time being they seem fine but I worry that the same itsy bitsy tiny grey white aphids will kill them off another year.

• Informative Informative x 1