1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

Apple and garlic hot chilli sauce recipe?

Discussion in 'Recipes' started by Sian in Belgium, Aug 18, 2015.

1. Sian in Belgium

Sian in Belgium Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +9,233
    i think I am going mad!!

In 2013, I made a batch of apple & garlic hot chilli sauce. It was (and still is!) delicious.

We would like to make some more - but can I find the recipe? can I? I've looked through all of my recipe books, used various different search engines on t'internet, but with no joy. Does anyone know a recipe for this? (Did I get this recipe from here, along with the highly addictive lemon drizzle cake?) It is the most perfect accompaniment to home-grown tomatoes and cheese....
    image.jpg
    (Photo attached, so you can see the sort of sauce/relish it is)

Last edited: Aug 19, 2015
  2. Sian in Belgium

Ratings:
    +9,233
    Ok, I AM going mad, would an Admin (@ARMANDII , @fat controller ?) be able to move this and my other two threads to the correct "Recipes" forum, please?

I would like to put it down to thinking in two different foreign languages on a daily basis, confusing me, but in all honesty, I saw "buttery", and in my mind thought "pantry"...

:oopss:

Last edited: Aug 19, 2015
  3. longk

longk Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +23,089
    I can offer a recipe but not the one that you had.
    • Five large cooking apples
    • One garlic clove
    • Cider/white wine vinegar to taste depending on how sharp you like it
    • Scotch bonnet chillies to taste
    • One desert spoon of brown sugar or equivalent of palm sugar
    • One desert or table spoon of dark treacle
    • Pinch of salt
    Peel and dice the apple and add two thirds to the pan. Squish the garlic and add along with the rest of the ingredients. Simmer (stirring regularly) until the apples have broken down (add a splash of water if it starts to dry out at any stage) and then add the rest of the apple and cook until they are softened. Job done! Excellent with pork wraps :yes:

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Sian in Belgium

Ratings:
      +9,233
      Thank you!!

• Friendly Friendly x 1