Apricot Tree

Discussion in 'Trees' started by leonora, Mar 7, 2011.

1. leonora

leonora Gardener

Retired (translator)
    Ratings:
    +29
    Happy to report that the mini-apricot tree in my garden has flowered! This is the first time... :dbgrtmb:

2. ARMANDII

ARMANDII Low Flying Administrator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +100,838
    Hi Leonara, you sound so pleased!! I impulse bought lemon and orange trees a couple of week ago but they're already in fruit so I'll have to wait until next year to see them flower for the first time under my wing. Good luck with your apricot tree!!

3. pete

pete Growing a bit of this and a bit of that....

Retired
    Ratings:
    +92,076
    Never grown Apricots, but I' m thinking you can get a reasonable crop here in the UK with the right conditions, leonora, so you could get some good fruit if you can keep the frost off.

Armandii, I think you should get some flowers on your citrus plants this spring, they normally have flowers and fruit at the same time.

4. Aesculus

Aesculus Bureaucrat 34 (Admin)

Cashier
    Ratings:
    +1,337
    Oh I love apricots =] I do wish that I could hurry up and finish uni and get a decent job so I can get my own garden:)

5. clueless1

clueless1 member... yep, that's what I am:)

Ratings:
    +19,596
    This is a long shot, but couldn't you talk to the SU with a view to taking over a little patch of campus ground? You could make a new 'society', the SU likes societies and there's usually loads to choose from. When I were a young lad, I joined the drama society figuring only the ladies would be interested in drama so there'd be plenty to choose from. Seems all the other lads had the same idea:( Sorry, I drifted off a bit there:)

6. Phil A

Phil A Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Good idea Dave :thumbsup:

I was going to say, get an Apricot in a pot & keep it with you until you have a garden Aesculus.

That is very good news Leonora :thumbsup: