Are You A Trug nad Trowel Gardener?

Discussion in 'General Gardening Discussion' started by Rhyleysgranny, Jun 14, 2009.

1. Rhyleysgranny

Rhyleysgranny Gardener

Ratings:
    +2
    I suppose this question is directed at the ladies. I have half an acre. My Hubby was in the navy and the garden such as it is was created by me. He has no interest in gardening but does cut the grass with the ride on mower.:lollol: I have built walls dug out a couple of ponds. Barrowed stones, boulders and top soil. I have dug every square inch of this place and planted and on occasion moved trees as well as felling a few I don't consider myself a trug and trowel gardener. Sometimes i wish I was. the idea of just pruning the roses and a little gentle weeding is appealing. It would be nice to have the gardening all done in an afternoon but not so rewarding i don't think.
    What are you?

Eeeek I can't correct my typo in the title :(

2. Alice

Alice Gardener

Retired
    Ratings:
    +81
    In a lifetime of gardening I've always wanted to do it in a white muslin dress and a straw hat - secateurs and trug in hand.
    I've got the secateurs and trug but I'm still out there in boots with a spade.
    One of these days.

3. sweetpeas

sweetpeas Gardener

Ratings:
    +7
    I must say that for the past 5 years it's been all down to me, I occasionally get a little help with moving big bags of compost but have done everything from laying slabs and putting up a fence to growing and planting my seedlings in the ground. It's all my hard work and I must admit I enjoy every bit of it dirty knees and all :)

I'm the covered in dirt, exhausted by the end of a long day in the garden kind of gardener

4. Jazmine

Jazmine happy laydee

Retired-got my bus pass and loving it!
    Ratings:
    +705
    I would love to be a trug and trowel gardener too but I am in my worst clothes, my gardening shoes are just horrible, my hands sore and cut and I have been bitten by a wide variety of insects :hehe:

OH does do most of the heavy work but I still get stuck in. I have sat on top of our shed cutting at the overgrown solanum :thumb:
    My back aches, my knees hurt but I love it :luv: