Argos 6' x 4' walk-in greenhouse £25 ..Any good ??

Discussion in 'Greenhouse Growing' started by WillieBee, Sep 29, 2013.

1. WillieBee

WillieBee Gardener

Ratings:
    +36
    Just seen this http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Produ...46359|dvc:c|adp:1o2#pdpFullProductInformation

It doesn't look too bad for £24.99, reduced by £15

OK, it's not as good as a conventional glass greenhouse, but surely for £25, worth a gamble, even just for a few early crops in the spring.

O course, I would like a proper greenhouse, but this could be a start. I actually have a, 8 x 6 Crittall greenhouse at home, but this walk-in one would be for the allotment.

Any comments / ideas would be appreciated

2. Fern4

Fern4 Total Gardener

The gardener of the house!
    Ratings:
    +7,491
    Anchor it down well. They've got a tendency to blow away. :)

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Bilbo675

Bilbo675 Total Gardener

Gardener & Plant Sales
      Ratings:
      +6,654
      I bought a similar 'blow-away' 3 years ago (a hexagonal shaped one) from B&M for £25, I bought some pipe clips the same size as the tubing and screwed it down to the concrete that it was on and i also put up a piece of wood in the centre to make it more stable. It never moved an inch in 3 years, even after several storms.

Only in the last couple of months has the cover started to break down, at the same time I saw the same greenhouse in B&M again, this time reduced to £10 because of damaged packaging, I bought it and put it up in a different spot but all reinforced again, I then took the old one down after moving the plants over. I figure if I get another 3 years out of it for a tenner I can't go wrong, by then I might be able to afford a proper one :biggrin:

Another tip I would give is to cut some canes to size and cable tie them around the edges of the shelving as trays and pots slide off very easily when it gets windy :)

• Like Like x 1