Around the world in 80 gardens

Discussion in 'General Gardening Discussion' started by Tiarella, Jan 30, 2008.

1. Tiarella

Tiarella Optimistic Gardener

Ratings:
    +120
    Did anyone see this programme with Monty Don visiting gardens in Mexico and Cuba? It was very interesting - especially the jungle garden in Mexico which had surreal architectural things amidst the rainforest.

He's going to Australia next week, so I'll be avidly watching as I visited the botanical gardens in Adelaide and wonder if he'll go there.

I'd love his job!!!

2. redfifi1717

redfifi1717 Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    I was actually staying in the same hotel as him and the film crew in Alice Springs, Dec 2006. I was too shy to go and ask what they were filming, but now I know!

3. Aster

Aster Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Yes I saw the programme..it must have been interesting because Monty Don is one person I cannot bear to watch on tv and since he took over Gardeners world ive not watched it. not sure what about him that irritates me, but I managed to watch that programme without taking any notice of him. yes they were very interesting gardens. and love the idea behind the Cuban ones.