Artex

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by wiseowl, May 30, 2008.

1. wiseowl

wiseowl Amiable Admin Staff Member

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +91,667
    Hi Friends I have just put a new Ceiling up in my Kitchen its 18ft x 12ft Mrs Woo wants me to artex it,can anyone tell me what sort of Bond or Skin If any do I need to use on the New Ceiling Boards before i apply the Artex.Thank you:)

2. Pro Gard

Pro Gard Gardener

Ratings:
    +6
    tape, velvet and sand the joins, prime with pva then then artex, I wouldnt bother skiming it. Make damn sure your artex is fresh and use a drill paddle to mix it.

if you particularly want to skim it then use board finish, if youve never skimmmed a celing before however then a big one isnt the place to start!

I love plastering and have quite a knack for it but it helps that Ive laboured for a plasterer in the distant past so was able to pick up alot, has saved me a few ££s

3. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Hi Woo,I have just asked Mr Kandy and he said you can either use watered down PVA adhesive{follow instructions on the container that contains the Adhesive} or he said you can skim the boards with Finishing plaster letting it dry before you apply the Artex.

Hope this info helps though there may be others along shortly who can advise differently:thumb:

4. wiseowl

wiseowl Amiable Admin Staff Member

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +91,667
    Thank you Paul and Kandy ,Paul I have done Artexing before allthough never on a new ceiling,will use the P.V.A. Kandy please thank Mr Kandy for me.

5. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Okey Dokey Woo I will pass on the message to Mr Kandy and if you need any more help then just shout{well not literaly}:thumb: