1. IMPORTANT - NEW & EXISTING MEMBERS

E-MAIL SERVER ISSUES

We are currently experiencing issues with our outgoing email server, therefore EXISTING members will not be getting any alert emails, and NEW/PROSPECTIVE members will not receive the email they need to confirm their account. This matter has been escalated, however the technician responsible is currently on annual leave.For assistance, in the first instance, please PM any/all of the admin team (if you can), alternatively please send an email to:

[email protected]

We will endeavour to help as quickly as we can.
    Dismiss Notice

"Ask landimad"

Discussion in 'Gardeners Corner Question Time' started by landimad, Mar 27, 2013.

1. landimad

landimad Odd man rather than Land man

Retired Rail worker
    Ratings:
    +915
    1. How did you come to join Gardeners Corner?

I joined as other web sites seemed to upmarket for their own good.
    They did not give basics which need to be addressed before moving onto the more difficult things.

2. Name the countries or counties you have lived in ?

England, Scotland, and Hong Kong.

3. Describe the type of work you do.

I am a Mobile Operations Manager with Network rail.
    This means I am the first responder to any and all incidents on the railway infrastructure. If a problem occurs no matter how minor or major the incident we are to go to where ever it may be and at any time of the day/night. We have to assess it and resolve the problem with minimal delay to the service.

4. Describe how you first got into gardening ?

That would be down to my dad (rest his soul) allowing me to dig in the back garden. Then moving onto the Bean trench, which ended up looking more like a grave than a trench.:huh:

5. What would be your dream type of garden and do you think you will ever be able to achieve it?

To have a garden that backs onto the fields and allow it to drift from garden to arable land without noticing it. Predominantly of cottage style planting with veggies along one part.

6. Have you any particular favourites in celebrity gardeners, flowers, shrubs and/or vegetables?

Percy Thrower, Geoff Hamilton, Alan Titchmarsh, Monty Don to name but a few.

7. Have you ever entered any of your plants into shows?

Yes, when I was a lad the local veg show and no I did not win.

8. If you had a garden created in your memory, what plants do you think would most adequately sum up you and your life?

Creeping Buttercup would be me as I tend to wander and seem to get my nose into everywhere. Plus I am a typical native, one who stands their ground and will grow on others.(perhaps not to their liking):lolpt: :pathd: :old: Even into old age.

• Like Like x 4
    • Phil A

Phil A Guest

Ratings:
      +0
      Nice one Landi:)

• Friendly Friendly x 1
      • Victoria

Victoria Lover of Exotic Flora

Lady of Leisure
        Ratings:
        +50,698
        :hate-shocked: Landimad, your creeping buttercup reminds me of my worst nightmare here ... Oxalis pes-caprae, the Bermuda Buttercup which has seeded itself into insensibility in the Algarve! There is not a space of earth or even pot sadly that has not been invaded by this or that other thing with tiny yellow flowers ... a herb of some sort that 'pops' and sends seeds into oblivion ... Sorrell?

• Funny Funny x 1
        • landimad

landimad Odd man rather than Land man

Retired Rail worker
          Ratings:
          +915
          I have always strived to follow what my parents had taught me, be honest and true to yourself. Others will either accept or reject your values, that way you can find and keep the friends who respect your values.

• Agree Agree x 2
          • Like Like x 1