Autumn Quarry Stroll

Discussion in 'Members Gallery' started by rosa, Oct 7, 2009.

1. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    just had a lovely walk today in my local quarry nature reserve got these pics of an nice autumn stroll and pics of the white geese.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
  3. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    thanks peri just uploading some more to put in of the geese and the quarry tree pictures, it was lovely and sunny up there but quite cold still it was a lovely walk

4. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
  5. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
  6. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
  7. Kandy

Kandy Will be glad to see the sun again soon.....

Head gardener
    Ratings:
    +6,543
    Hi Rosa,love your quarry photos.:gnthb: I especially like the close up of the white goose with its head turned toward its back and its blue eye is amazing.:D Especially love the photos of the trees further down,the one with the sun shining through it and the one after it.Did you take them with the Fuji?..Next time you go up that way,may I make a suggestion and try a few B&W photo's especially of the trees and see what they come out like:)

Looks like you had a lovely day for it:thumb:

8. nathan7

nathan7 Gardener

RETIRED
    Ratings:
    +11
    Great pics Rosa nice to get some fresh air I bet looks quite cool there with all the water, Does the goose know that xmas is coming :hehe: :hehe: :usr:

9. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    thanks kandy and nathan, i liked that close up of the goose with his head turned around, i took the pics with my kodak v1253, good idea trying black & white must find the setting on my camera.
    hehe nathan fatten the goose up for xmas pity there wasnt any turkeys up there haha

10. strawman

strawman Gardener

Ratings:
    +2
    Rosa. Thank you for sharing your lovely autumnal walk with us through your images. I'm surprised that the geese didn't get annoyed at you being so close to them.:hehe:

11. rosa

rosa Gardener

Ratings:
    +14
    strawman thanks pleased you like them picked a great day sun shining but still cold, funnily enough that goose it came close up to me and just stood there almost as iff it wanted its pic taken, i was talking to it and saying how pretty it was and thats how i got that close up of it,
    peri thanks great idea to be continued never thought of that, next time i put pics up will do that and its ok you interupting no problem at all , i must say when i take pics i like all sorts in makes the thread more interesting. thanks again for your lovely comments of my autumn pics