B& M Plants

Discussion in 'General Gardening Discussion' started by trogre, Oct 2, 2024 at 2:57 PM.

1. trogre

trogre Gardener

Ratings:
    +285
    Hi I have for several years purchased all my annuals at Morrisons as they had a really good range & stock & prices. Plus the member of staff that looked after them all the time, John, was a wealth of knowledge who also run 3 allotment for himself!! This all changed when they put John into the bakery and now you get a different person doing the plants almost every day. Some are young and really does not have the experience of John. This year there was not so much choice and prices have gone up or number of plants in container has gone down but that has to be expected.

We decided to go to B&M and was surprised how healthy, large & the prices were low. Purchased many annuals and very pleased the way they grew. Hopefully next year will be the same but will have to wait & see.

Another thing with Morrisons was they had loads of MPC,soil etc. Now September is the month to start planting perennials, bushes etc but at start of September all the stock was taken away and a couple of people as I was scratching our heads as to why so it was back down to B&M .

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    • pete

pete Growing a bit of this and a bit of that....

Retired
      Ratings:
      +92,610
      Morrisons around here finish their garden centre bit up at the beginning of August.

It's just a money making thing rather than for customers.
      You can still get the odd decent plant at a good price but it's pot luck.

• Escarpment

Escarpment Super Gardener

Ratings:
      +2,191
      I've got a huge B&M within walking distance and they put in for planning permission for a Garden Centre but then withdrew the application, much to my disappointment. They are quite good for gardening bits and pieces like pots and trellis though.

• Michael Hewett

Michael Hewett Total Gardener

Retired
      Ratings:
      +19,417
      There's a good garden centre at the B&M near me. They often have rather unusual plants too, and a good selection of house plants.

• Informative Informative x 2
      • pete

pete Growing a bit of this and a bit of that....

Retired
        Ratings:
        +92,610
        I think we have a B&M in the town centre its down a very crowded side road with parking but just a nightmare to get in and out of, just don't go there, weekends its just gridlocked.

• Informative Informative x 1
        • Friendly Friendly x 1
        • waterbut

waterbut Gardener

Retired
          Ratings:
          +166
          Just bought a battery hedge trimmer from them in their sale for under £40. Tried it out today. Great buy.

• Funny Funny x 1
          • Informative Informative x 1