Bad neighbour not cutting grass :(

Discussion in 'Lawns' started by Melannie, Jul 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Melannie

Melannie Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    This is my first post apart from my hello post.

I have this neighbour next door that does not cut thier grass, and what happens is it gets to the height of the 4ft fence seperating us and the grass then leans in the gaps in the fence slats into my garden and therefore I have to cut it off when I keep my garden very nice all year round.

But the worst thing is, the neighbour only cuts the grass about 2 times a years if I am lucky :(

So today she cuts her grass using strimmers etc and a lot of thier cutting debris obviously came through the fence slats onto my lawn and decrotive stones etc and I had to clean it all up, I didnt take offence as I am done going down that road.

however, I have been told that there is a cheap solution to this, and that is to buy some stuff out a popular DIY store, basically a kill grass stuff that you mix yourself to keep the price down, and also buy a very cheap backpack that you put on your back with straps and it has a hose with spray nozzle and a pumpping handle to keep the pressure up for the pressure, supposed to be cheap, but I dont know ?

I was told that if I simply lean over the fence and spray directly onto about 3ft over the persons grass that it will kill that area if I do that during the growing season, march to september, I really dont care what the person thinks, I care more about the problem the person is causing me, so will this work ?? (they could not care less anyway what happens)

Can someone tell me exactly what I want to buy and keep costs at minimum as afterall its to kill someone elses grass/weeds, not mines.

hope someone can help, and you have and excellent website here :)

thank you.

2. Melinda

Melinda Gardener

Ratings:
    +437
    Melannie, forgive me but Im a little confused.

You dont want to ask your neighbour to mow their lawn more often, but you DO want to spray weedkiller on their garden?!

3. Melannie

Melannie Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    yes, they have personally told me they dont like the garden and cant be bothered with it, so i have to take matters in my own hands, dont worry, no legal action can be taken, they dont use the garden at all and its locked up and they dont have animals or kids or nothing, they simply are not interested and do not care about thier neighbours, simple as that.

4. catztail

catztail Crazy Cat Lady

soon to be bus driver
    Ratings:
    +2,250
    Why don't you ask them if they would like you to mow it for them?

• Like Like x 5
    • Melinda

Melinda Gardener

Ratings:
      +437
      Good suggestion Catztail.

Offer to mow it for them.

On my road there was a problem with a neighbour allowing a hedge to get ridiculously out of control. The act of offering to do it for them, shamed them into action.

• Roslyn Margaret

Roslyn Margaret Gardener

House wife.
      Ratings:
      +38
      Hi :) just a thought, if they do not use the area would they consider you having the use of it to grow things you may not have room for in your own garden, if you needed any extra room of course, are they elderly if so they might be grateful for you to cut the grass for them, very difficult situation, hope you can come to a good compromise between yourselves. Have a good day x

• Melannie

Melannie Gardener

Ratings:
      +1
      last time we spoke it very near came close to fists, thats why, lol, so thats not an option.

• catztail

catztail Crazy Cat Lady

soon to be bus driver
      Ratings:
      +2,250
      We have a bit of an odd neighbor, to say the least. He is clueless about gardening and doesn't really care about the plants. For some reason my Hubby and him decided that Hubby would mow the back gardens and he would mow the front ones. It would be better to keep on fairly good terms with your neighbor than to possibly p them off.

• Like Like x 1
      • Melannie

Melannie Gardener

Ratings:
        +1
        i like your idea but i have been told and warned very bluntly not to even talk to the person, so thats a no no :(

• Melinda

Melinda Gardener

Ratings:
        +437
        LOL!

Mowing would lead to a punch up, but you want to douse the place in weedkiller!

:D

• Melannie

Melannie Gardener

Ratings:
        +1
        No guys and girls !, there is no comprimise with this neighbour at all, never ever, so I need to do what i suggested in the first post if anyone can help me, i hope so, thank you all so far for your very fast responses :) much appreciated :)

• catztail

catztail Crazy Cat Lady

soon to be bus driver
        Ratings:
        +2,250
        Well in that case I would NOT spray weed killer......... Things like that can escalate to ridiculous proportions! They might just spray your garden and kill all your plants or WORSE!

• Melinda

Melinda Gardener

Ratings:
        +437
        Do six months of TaeKwondo and kickboxing and then sometime in late January 2012- flood the place with Roundup!

• Like Like x 4
        • Melannie

Melannie Gardener

Ratings:
          +1
          As I said before, they dont ever even open the back door to the garden letalone use it, theres no kids, no animals no nothing except long grass, lol, so I am not cleaning that up when they decide to strim it once a year and the debris blow into my garden, I will kill thier grass of about 3ft from the fence and thats the job done, all I need to know is what i need to buy at a budget price please ?

• Melannie

Melannie Gardener

Ratings:
          +1
          want the ghostbuster pack if you know what i mean, lol.

Thread Status:
        Not open for further replies.