Bag Garden Kits in time for Spring

Discussion in 'General Gardening Discussion' started by SendaCow, Mar 5, 2010.

1. SendaCow

SendaCow Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Guys,

I hope everyone is well. As Spring is fast approaching, I am encouraging everyone to start using Bag Gardens!

Gardening guru Carol Klein is helping to launch our new 'Seeds of Hope' campaign this Spring to get people outside and growing their own - in Bag Gardens!

Bag Gardens are sacks filled with a mixture of compost and soil around a central column of stones. The stones act as an economical filter for water and their clever vertical design means that up to 50 vegetables can be grown in the top and sides at one time!

For the families that we help in Africa, Bag Gardens are a life changing way to grow vegetables, but the good news is that they work just as well here in the UK. They're great for keen growers and novices alike, and with Send a Cow Bag Garden Kits now available for just £12 at our gift site so there's no excuse not to get growing.

This Spring, each kit comes with seeds of Hope (Beetroot), Health (French Beans) and Harmony (Salad Leaves), representing our life transforming work. You'll also get a hessian sack, full instructions more tips and a fun window sticker.

By planting your seeds of Hope, Health and Harmony, you'll not only be cutting down on your food costs and impact on the environment, you'll be remembering the importance of Send a Cow's life changing work too!

If anyone would like to get involved or that requires more information please let me know!

Jess xx