Basket Compost

Discussion in 'General Gardening Discussion' started by trogre, Sep 1, 2024.

1. trogre

trogre Gardener

Ratings:
    +281
    Hi. Below are some pictures of a few of my hanging baskets & one of a Morning Glory.They are going over now and need to prune dead heads.I used Wickes mpc which did not have a good review. I did not put in any water gel in baskets as they were geraniums and like to be dry. I mix in some grosure pellets which are supposed tolast for6 months. During the growing season I only fed them liquid feed twice. Athough the wickes compost was dry on the top 1-2 inches below that it seemed to sty moist. My question is this. If I used compost just made for hanging baskets and also Osmocote do you think I would get better results. I have been toying with idea for ages but going by this years results I am not so sure,next year may be different.
    GER 1.jpg

pro

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
    • infradig

infradig Gardener

Freelance self preservationist
      Ratings:
      +1,152
      If those pictures are recent then you have nothing to do differently. Some might plant less plants in the space and feed them more, but thats a personal decision. If you have suitable space, then it might be worth taking cuttings to overwinter although not cost-effective if extra heat is required. Wickes MPC was a consistant compost, I concluded that it was Westland, supplied to contract.