Battery powered garden cart

Discussion in 'Tools And Equipment' started by maltaron, Apr 9, 2007.

1. maltaron

maltaron Gardener

Ratings:
    +10
    Does anyone know of a UK supplier of the "Neuton Garden Cart" (otherwise known as "LUVCART)

2. Hyla arborea

Hyla arborea Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Hi maltaron!
    The Island Weather Store - it's on the Isle of Wight - advertise them at about �£150, I believe. It seems a bit uncertain as to whether they actually sell them or just act as a "shop window".

Go into Google, search for "The Island Weather Store" and choose the link to the tools and equipment shop. That's the only possible supplier I found easily, but there may be others. I think they're made by The GardenCraft Company, and I've emailed them to ask if they can indicate who sells them here. (They're in Rhode Island.)

There's an alternative power barrow made by Porter - but it's more powerful and about �£600 I think:
    www.easybarrow.co.uk

Could you convert a secondhand electric golf trolley??!!! Just a thought!!! :D

[ 13. April 2007, 02:43 PM: Message edited by: Hyla arborea ]

3. Hyla arborea

Hyla arborea Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Just had my email returned with the message "User does not exist"....! Ah, well, back to the drawing board!

4. Hyla arborea

Hyla arborea Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Still digging! I'm told that Crocus sell them for about Ã?£99 - www.crocus.co.uk - but I couldn't find them on their site. I've emailed them to ask if my info is correct. Here's hoping!!! [​IMG]

Edit:

Sadly have just heard from Crocus that they no longer sell the LUVcart - and they don't know of another supplier. I'll try to get the address of the US company... :(

[ 14. April 2007, 11:23 AM: Message edited by: Hyla arborea ]

5. Hyla arborea

Hyla arborea Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Hi maltaron - hope you're still there!

LUVcart is made by:
    The CartCraft Company,
    765, Allens Avenue,
    Providence, RI 2905
    USA

Their webside:
    www.cart-craft.com

Have tried a different email address to ask if they have a UK agent or whether you can order direct from them. Results awaited!

6. Hyla arborea

Hyla arborea Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Progress! The Ace Hardware Outlet ships internationally, and sells the LUVcart for $199.99.

Their website:

www2.acehardwareoutlet.com - note the www2 - it's not a mistake!

Let us know if you have any success!

Regards,

Hyla

[ 14. April 2007, 02:55 PM: Message edited by: Hyla arborea ]

7. Hyla arborea

Hyla arborea Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    A final post from me on this one: the reviews I've found of this product are very critical. I think there are some on www.amazon.com (not the Amazon UK site) and there are also some on www.workhomeplay.com which point to serious design flaws and inadequate testing. :(

Everyone must make their own mind up, of course, but it looks as if it would be wise to make sure you have a "return if not satisfied" guarantee.

8. maltaron

maltaron Gardener

Ratings:
    +10
    Many thanks to "Green fingers" for all your assistance. I have E-Mailed the makers and await a reply. I will check your final advice and report if I find any thing. Once again, Many thanks.
    PS Like the idea of converted golf cart

9. maltaron

maltaron Gardener

Ratings:
    +10
    Just a follow up for info. Tried to order from Amazon.com. All was OK till I saw shipping cost!!
    $477.00

10. Hyla arborea

Hyla arborea Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    Also heard from the manufacturers - the product isn't CE certificated, so they can't export it officially to Europe either! :(

They don't seem to have plans to get the necessary approval either, so - looks like it's the expensive Porter option or a conversion job on some sort of electric cart!!!

Life's never simple, is it??!! [​IMG]