1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. November Photo Comp is now open with a great new theme.! Come and join in.
    Dismiss Notice

Beautiful Cacti's flowering

Discussion in 'Cacti and Succulents' started by Gail_68, Feb 22, 2018.

1. Gail_68

Gail_68 Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Went to 5 garden centre's yesterday and all the cacti's we saw none was in flower except these :love30:...gorgeous when in flower, as members will know who collect them :yay:

IMG_2289.JPG

IMG_2291.JPG

IMG_2292.JPG

IMG_2294.JPG

• Like Like x 4
    • Verdun

Verdun Passionate gardener

Ratings:
      +9,964
      Cacti are beautiful flowering plants although I guess not often seen in all their beauty. A friend of mine grew them in a greenhouse and they were superb. :) An expert too. Apparently some are fragrant
      As a child my old mum used to grow and sell them too; in my ignorance I decided to repot one and tipped a large cactus into my hand. The pain! All those sharp pins. Forever pulling the barbs out of my hand...not pleasant :sad: Put me off growing them :noidea:

• Like Like x 1
      • Friendly Friendly x 1
      • Gail_68

Gail_68 Guest

Ratings:
        +0
        I had some that flowered years back @Verdun but I had an uncontrollable pup then who thought nothing of throwing them about :sad: and never had any since.

It's funny you saying they carry fragrance..while we was by them yesterday we smelt a lovely perfume smell but could we find where it was coming from :scratch: and now I know :dbgrtmb:

Well you've just said your experience with them :yikes:...while my hubby was taking the pic's, he touched one and before I could say be careful...bl__dy hell came out of his mouth :roflol:

• Gail_68

Gail_68 Guest

Ratings:
        +0
      • Verdun

Verdun Passionate gardener

Ratings:
        +9,964
        Ha ha, like that Gail :). Of course, I just said "oh dearie me" :snorky:

• Funny Funny x 1
        • Gail_68

Gail_68 Guest

Ratings:
          +0
          Being polite @Verdun :thumbsup:

• Sirius

Sirius Total Gardener

Ratings:
          +1,022
          Collecting cacti and succulents is addictive. I have thousands of them !

• Like Like x 1
          • Gail_68

Gail_68 Guest

Ratings:
            +0
            I'm glad i'm not like that but my other half is but it's still a shame regarding your collection, especially when your working with them a great deal...I do hope things sort themselves for you :)