Best Value Perlite Suppliers?

Discussion in 'General Gardening Discussion' started by Bilbo675, Sep 19, 2013.

1. Bilbo675

Bilbo675 Total Gardener

Gardener & Plant Sales
    Ratings:
    +6,654
    I've used a lot of perlite and to a lesser extent vermiculite this year and have been buying small 10lt bags when I needed them, I know I would have saved money had I bought them in bulk earlier in the year, so does anyone know of any good value mail order suppliers?

Thanks in advance :blue thumb:

2. Kristen

Kristen Under gardener

Ratings:
    +12,668
    I paid £16.19 for 100L from lbsbuyersguide.co.uk (you have to register for a trade account, prices are the same as the public site unless you buy multiples and then you get a trade price-break)

I ahve bought bulk from www.jfcmonro.co.uk before. Don't be put off by the delivery outside of Devon and Cornwall, they are very helpful just give them a ring, but I expect, cost wise, it would help if you can bulk up a decent sized order - e.g. to a full pallet. I added stuff that I would normally buy from the local garden centre (bags of grit etc.) at probably not much, if any, saving to get to the most economical shipping cost and saved myself a trip to the garden centre!

• Informative Informative x 1
    • pamsdish

pamsdish Total Gardener

Retired
      "Black Country Wench" in Margam,Port Talbot,Wales
      Ratings:
      +4,445
      I bought my 100 ltr bag from a local hydroponics outlet 16 pounds I think.

• Like Like x 1
      • Kristen

Kristen Under gardener

Ratings:
        +12,668
        I have bought from Hydroponics shop before, but I found it too coarse when I used it. Hadn't given any thought to the fact that Hydroponic use is different to potting! but I now only buy P25 (whereas the Hydroponics bag I bought was P45)

But others may have different views on what they prefer :)

• Informative Informative x 1