bit of a mistake but is it fatal??? :) potatoes

Discussion in 'Edible Gardening' started by JEN.K, May 4, 2008.

1. JEN.K

JEN.K Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    I made a bit of a mistake when I set off my potatoes this year. I used the wrong bag of compost and set them off in some with water retaining crystals mixed in. I didn't notice till I saw the crystals all full of water when I went back a number of days later to see if the soil level needed raising.

Will it be alright or should I give up on them and set off some more after throwing away this lot. I don't know if I'm going to poison myself or if it won't matter ???

Help...

2. Freddy

Freddy Miserable git, well known for it

Retired - yay!
    Ratings:
    +12,517
    Hi JEN.K. I wouldn`t have thought there`d be any problem. I`m sure someone can be more definitive, but I`d be surprised if there was a problem. Cheers...freddy.

3. Muddy_Boots

Muddy_Boots Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Would think it won't matter. I grow all my veg in containers, so they dry out pretty quick. At the moment, I have two large tubs with tates in and one was planted out in about October and they look pretty healthy. I do leave them for a week or so before covering up the leave with new compost

4. daitheplant

daitheplant Total Gardener

Retired
    Ratings:
    +2,881
    Jen, you shouldn`t have any problem. In fact, it means you don`t need to water so often.:D

5. JBA Seed Potatoes

JBA Seed Potatoes Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +0