Bizarre Courtship Rituals

Discussion in 'The Muppet Show' started by clueless1, Jul 17, 2013.

1. clueless1

clueless1 member... yep, that's what I am:)

Ratings:
    +19,596
    At least I presume that's what it is.

There is a lad round here who owns a noisy but road legal motorcross bike. Fair enough. He rides it up and down our street. Annoying given how noisy it is but fair enough. He has a girlfriend. Fair enough.

I've just seen him go past, with his scantily clad girlfriend riding pillion. No protective gear at all. Worrying at the best of times. If she comes off even at low speed she'll be ripped to ribbons. So I wonder then why her good chap saw fit to accelerate brutally and do a massive wheelie.

Is it some new ritual to impress your other half by risking badly injuring or even killing them I wonder.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • "M"

"M" Total Gardener

Ratings:
      +31,885
      So, *I* wonder ...

... why you consider any/all responsibilities to be that of the male? :dunno: After all, *she* chose to go pillion: she chose to go pillion under-dressed and *she* is the one who has chosen to put her own fate into *his* hands ;)

Obviously, he could have refused to take her (unless suitably clothed) and he could have chosen *not* to "show off" .. but hey, it takes two ;)

What a pair of numpty turnips!

Mind you, glass houses and all of that ... I remember being *that* age (immortal, and with the attitude: You Only Live Once ... which, apparently in today's lingo, morphs into - Yolo! :heehee: I admit to being sorely tempted to call my latest animal adoptee "Yolo" on just that basis :redface: ).

All too easy to forget the scrapes *we* got up to (comparatively) when we grow a pair/have children :heehee:

But, I still think: what a pair of NT's! :nonofinger:

• Like Like x 2
      • Jiffy

Jiffy The Match is on Fire

Pyro
        Ratings:
        +32,985
        You only do it once, if you fall off a and turn your skin a differant colour with some grit mixed in for good messure

• Like Like x 2
        • "M"

"M" Total Gardener

Ratings:
          +31,885
          If you are lucky (very lucky!) :)

• Agree Agree x 1
          • clueless1

Ratings:
            +19,596
            I used to have an off road motorbike when I was a young lad, which incidentally I only used off road). I'm pretty sure I carried people pillion, including the occasional young lady. One of my bikes was powerful enough to rip your arms out of their sockets. 500cc on a single pot attached to a low ratio gear box built for torque rather than top speed.

I never, ever pulled a wheelie or any other stunt with a female pillion. If it was one of my mates I didn't care quite as much I must admit. I still wouldn't risk their life, but I was slightly less careful with them figuring its quite normal for a lad to get the occasional scrape and a few scars here and there have absolutely no life changing impact for a lad. Call me sexist but its different for women. Woman don't seem to show off and brag about their scars and wrong shaped bones likes blokes do, and more importantly, dads of lads don't seem to get quite so upset if someone's stupid antics result in their offspring having a new story to tell.

• "M"

"M" Total Gardener

Ratings:
            +31,885
            Isn't being "sexist" a synonym of being a "gentlemen/chivalry" (in modern parlance?) :dunno:

I recall an occasion (or two!) when one of my brother's best friend offered to take me to a race track to see a well known sports person of the era. We would travel on his Honda 750cc. Well, I had a limited 'wardrobe' and, being a girl, I wore what I wore (but, I did put a coat on!). *He* worn his full leathers; fair enough! That was *his* wardrobe.

I recall there was something a little, erm, 'off putting?' about his neck when we travelled up there and, being young, tactless, spoke-as-I-saw, asked him if he would travel back sans leathers.

He was: :hate-shocked: :thud: :nonofinger:

That was the point, when I realised that, he was fine riding when *he* was wholly protected - even though I was not! - but, he wouldn't ride dressed in the same "off the peg" gear *I* was wearing! :scratch: A life lesson, for sure ;) He was neither a gentleman, nor sexist, just a twerp!

Fair enough, he didn't do any wheelies, but he didn't hang back on my account either! (just between us, it was very exhilarating though :whistle: :heehee: )

• Like Like x 1
            • Jenny namaste

Jenny namaste Total Gardener

retired- blissfully retired......
              Ratings:
              +31,832
              There are old bikers and bold bikers ,
              but few old, bold bikers

• Agree Agree x 1
              • clueless1

Ratings:
                +19,596

I've heard that saying before, and I believe it but...

Last time we went to watch the motorcross, which was just a couple of weeks ago, listed in the program of events was the 'veterans race'. I was gutted because we missed it. We went back to the car for our picnic lunch and I fell asleep for a bit (yes, with all the noise of race tuned motorbikes going on). Wife thought I needed it so just left me to sleep, while her and the lad had a snooze in the boot (Gothilde is an estate, so that's not as mean as it sounds:) ). I woke just as the race was about to start but by the time I'd got my shoes back on, got us all ready, and then we had to walk across a field and through a tunnel to get back to the best viewing area, the race was almost over. However I did see a bit. In motorcross terms, a 'verteran' is someone who is now 40 year old or more, but there were too proper old boys on what I think were old Nortons. Leathers instead of new hi-tech lightweight body armour, goggles and scull caps. Bikes built for the road with the only modification being over sized rear shocks.

• Jenny namaste

Jenny namaste Total Gardener

retired- blissfully retired......
                Ratings:
                +31,832
                Take my hat off to them Clue. Just as much skilled required keeping one of those upright instead of throwing it down the track,
                Jenny

• Agree Agree x 1