Blackspot on roses

Discussion in 'Roses' started by Labrador, Jul 11, 2008.

1. Labrador

Labrador Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    This is more a case of why haven't I got blackspot. I only have four rose bushes, plus a climbing rose and every year without fail, by about this time of year, they are all affected with blackspot, and the leaves are starting to drop off. This year however, nothing! Why? They all look disgustingly healthy. Has anyone else found this to be the case?:confused:

2. Little Miss Road Rage

Little Miss Road Rage Gardener

Ratings:
    +1
    ah if you'd have said earlier i could have given u my black spot touch wood its gone now sorry no help cause i haven't a clue can the roses build up a resistance?

3. lollipop

lollipop Gardener

Ratings:
    +24
    Hi,

Not as far as I know, but wiseoldowl has worked with roses for years so he should be able to better inform you as to this. I had thought you had to spray roses to treat blackspot, and in this wet weather it should actually be getting a bit more prevalent-wierd.

4. Shobhna

Shobhna Gardener

Ratings:
    +8
    Like Labrador, I always seem to have problems with my roses.

This year however, my roses are really healthy.

I have fed the plants a bit better this year but nothing else is new. So yes, I too am perplexed. I had decided that if this year the roses did not look good, I was going to hoick them out and give them away. Perhaps they heard me thinking that !!!:D

My roses are definatley staying now, even the ones you get given as minature roses in those little pots ( I can never just throw them away once they finish flowering..) even these roses are looking good and healthy!!

5. Aesculus

Aesculus Bureaucrat 34 (Admin)

Cashier
    Ratings:
    +1,337
    Again I'm having the same! I did have two rose bushes in my garden (down to one..don't ask:rolleyes:) and for the last 3 years I have got blackspot without fail and in fact I have never treated it with anything except removing damaged or the diseased parts and then binning any dead leaves which fall off

6. Daisies

Daisies Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +2,686
    Wish I was having this problem. Mine are as bad as ever! [​IMG]