Blue Monday? Not for gardeners, says research

Discussion in 'Gardening News RSS Feeds' started by News feed | RHS Gardening, Jan 18, 2013.

1. News feed | RHS Gardening

News feed | RHS Gardening Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Gardeners and florists are the happiest group of workers, according to research by City & Guilds.

Continue reading...

2. FatBoy

FatBoy Guest

Ratings:
    +36
    I used to be at the forefront of computer technology but gave it all up for a much more satisfying way of life - getting my hands dirty in soil and living healthily from my efforts.

Funnily enough, I had an invite only last week to go back to the tech-side - promises of 12-16 hour days (really, as if long days were a reward) in front of a computer screen. I wrote back saying I wasn't going to get stomach ulcers chasing the end of the rainbow (technology doesn't stay still, you have to keep up to stay current) and I got a jealous reply which said they wished the same for themselves!

Having been on technical forums before, I can say the tone and mood of gardening forums are a much happier affair. Maybe if more people didn't embrace the lightening-speed of technology quite so much, they might stop and smell the roses once in a while. It can be done; we once did quite well without quite so much gadgetry!