Broadband deals ,any advice?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by **Yvonne**, Aug 23, 2014.

1. **Yvonne**

**Yvonne** Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +2,347
    Hi

Last week I got a letter from Virgin Media informing me that they were putting my charges up by £1.50 meaning I'll be paying £28.00 for cable broadband. I have been getting fairly good speeds, nothing like the advertised, just run a test and got 26mb.

Anyway, I tried to "cancel" to get a better deal and was offer £19 per month by email. I replied asking if this included VAT and I got no reply. Yesterday I called them and apparently they have cancelled my service from 13/9/2014!

So, I'm looking for a new deal, preferably via cable rather phone line but all the comparison sites are bewildering, all I need is broadband and to know exactly what it is going to cost me.

I'm hoping Scrungee will come up with one of his super duper deals where they pay me to have their service :-) Seriously though, all help and recommendations gratefully received.

2. Scrungee

Scrungee Well known for it

Ratings:
    +28,997
    Neither Superfast Broadband nor cable have made it to my village yet (and via bt's copper wires goes down regularly) so I'm not up to speed on deals for what you need as a replacement, but I recall there was one with EE a few months ago that worked out at about £3/month after deducting £120 in Amazon vouchers they were offering for a 12 month contract. Have a look here http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/ph...utm_campaign=phones&utm_content=6#eeamazon120

Also checkout deals on Quidco & Topcashback websites.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • pete

pete Growing a bit of this and a bit of that....

Retired
      Ratings:
      +92,075
      I'm with virgin and was recently told, by them, I should phone them up each year and have a moan about the charges.
      Apparently its called, negotiation, and anyone who pays the price they ask is considered a gullible fool, and deserves to be ripped off.

I've obviously been a gullible fool for years, as I didn't realise that was how they did business.