Brugmansia's at Kew Gardens

Discussion in 'Tropical Gardening' started by Wayne, Jun 6, 2012.

1. Wayne

Wayne Gardener

Work for an Airline
    Ratings:
    +326
    In the Temperate House ( my fav!) they had a few Brugmansia's in bloom. Here they are to enjoy. Arborea Kew, a white Candida with alot of Aurea influence , big Sang, a Grand Marnier with a woman who kept following me...oh it's my Mum! and Grand Marnier up close arb kew.jpg hybrid candia aurea.jpg sang.jpg mum.jpg

Wayne

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 4
    • sal73

sal73 Total Gardener

Ratings:
      +2,998
      In Italy there was e even bigger one outside my house , it was a simple white one but it was massive , my grandfather knocked the plant down , just because someone told him it was toxic .

• PeterS

PeterS Total Gardener

Retired
      Ratings:
      +4,015
      That last picture is fabulous Wayne. I think a key ingredient is a large greenhouse where they are out of the wind. They seem to be very bittle. I grew several from seed last year, but the wind just snapped the one inch diameter trunks of a number of them. Still even the snapped ones managed to overwinted and are growing again.

• averil

averil Gardener

semi-retired
      Ratings:
      +44
      Absolutely gorgeous!!!... and heres little ole me so chuffed cos ive managed to germinate a sanguinea seed. No doubt it will be as huge as those, this time next year :snork: