Busy Lizzies

Discussion in 'NEW Gardeners !' started by Grant_87, May 25, 2020.

1. Grant_87

Grant_87 Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi All,

Complete newbie to gardening and plants here.

Recently purchased some busy lizzies, looked healthy and well - two days later the leaves were wiltered and the flowers were dying.

Do I need to water these every couple of days and are they ok to be in sunlight?

Attached Files:

2. CarolineL

CarolineL Total Gardener

Retired Software engineer
    Ratings:
    +4,863
    Hi @Grant_87 yes, you will probably need to water a lot since your balcony looks pretty exposed and we are having a lot of sun. Bizzy lizzies have a lot of fleshy leaves and lose a lot of moisture. Lift the pot up - if it feels light, you need to give it a good soaking.

3. Spruce

Spruce Glad to be back .....

Ratings:
    +12,352
    Hi

if just bought from the nusery and most probaly kept in a greenhouse its still cold at night time and it looks they are in a windy spot , it takes they time to get used to the new conditions ..if me i WOULD COVER OVER WITH FLEECE OVER NIGHT FOR THE NEXT WEEK OR TWO.

Make sure you only water in the morning (gives it time to dry off duing the day) as wet compost over night may make the stems rot

Spruce

4. Grant_87

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Caroline,
    Thank you for getting back to me! Will definitely keep this in mind, thanks again

5. Grant_87

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Spruce,

Thanks for getting back to me, although they wasn't in a greenhouse they are in a windy spot so have put them on the floor now. Will just water in the morning as you said and see how we get on.
    Thanks again,

Grant