Buying Part Mature Trees/Shrubs

Discussion in 'Trees' started by rdearing, May 23, 2010.

1. rdearing

rdearing Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all, this is my first post so please be gentle, I also know very, very little about gardening etc. I have signed up to this forum for my mother as she does not have/cannot use a computer and as such asked me to try to find out a few things for her.

Her next door neighbour has just removed a mature hedge that lied all the way alonmg the siode of her garden. She now wishes to fill the gap so to speak. She ant to buy already m,ature tree's/shrubs that are of 6 feet tall or more. She lives in a very rural; part of suffolk and has a large very well presented garden. She already knows what types of plants/trees she wants to put in this space but has no idea where in Suffolk sell part mature trees/shrubs.

Can anyone please give me some ideas of decent nurseries etc where she can buy part already mature tree/shrubs to fill this space.

All the best and thankyou in advance. I am sure she will ask me to post more threads in the future.

2. roders

roders Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +7,097
    :)
    I don't know where in Suffolk you are but Simpsons in Fordham near Newmarket have plenty.

3. Sussexgardener

Sussexgardener Gardener

Ratings:
    +41
    www.crocus.co.uk do larger trees/shrubs and delivery them, but you'll pay for the privilege.