Calling Radish Rescue...calling Radish Rescue.. come in please...

Discussion in 'NEW Gardeners !' started by Captain Autumn, May 21, 2018.

1. Captain Autumn

Captain Autumn Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +3
    start with radishes my boy they said - even a schlemeil like you couldn't kill a radish they said. I think I have you know...
    never having planted anything apart from a punch in my life i followed the instructions on the pack, plant so many inches apart etc - i "watered them well in" cos i've read that somewhere and was pleasantly surprised when they were still there some days later and even getting bigger. I'm a Gardener now I thought. Then i realised cos i was planting from little plants in a tray not seeds what i thought was 1 was more like 4 or 5 so they were rammed together! Better "thin them out" i thought [ see i do know some things :)]
    but they didn't appreciate being moved and have shrivelled up to nothing! Perhaps i didnt "water them well in " the second time? I think The Lesson of the Radishes is dont move plants when you have to go away the next weekend :( Just got home and given them a real soaking - can i save them now or is it too late??

2. pete

pete Growing a bit of this and a bit of that....

Retired
    Ratings:
    +84,360
    You cant transplant radish, it wont like it, thin if they are very thick, but mostly they will push one another over a bit if there is room.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • JWK

JWK Gardener Staff Member

Ratings:
      +45,635
      • Like Like x 1