Camellia Japonica not very well.

Discussion in 'Pests, Diseases and Cures' started by Oldman2, Apr 11, 2023.

1. Oldman2

Oldman2 Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
    +18
    [​IMG]
    A present to the wife from Lidl. We intend keeping it in a pot for a year or so if it lives that long! I put it outside within a couple of days as it was quickly loosing flowers indoors. It hasnt done much better outside, all the flowers turned brown as have some leaves. I kept it watered and its not been too sunny here so I am wondering if it already had something wrong with it when I bought it.
    [​IMG]
    Seems pretty far gone to me, should I do anything, call a vet? dig a grave? ideas please.

2. pete

pete Growing a bit of this and a bit of that....

Retired
    Ratings:
    +93,111
    It was obviously very soft, grown in protection.
    The leaves almost look like scorch but it could be frost.
    Has it been frosted?
    I'd put it in a sheltered position,out of any direct sun and slowly let it acclimatise.
    But it's not going to look good for a few months until it makes some new growth.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Oldman2

Oldman2 Apprentice Gardener

Ratings:
      +18
      Its not seen a frost Pete, its been in Kent beside the sea, i'm going with its had a very sheltered upbringing in a Dutch poly tunnel and being bought was just too much for it, poor thing. I will find somewhere for it to rest, drop its leaves and hopefully enjoy a shaded summer.

• Like Like x 1