can anyone recommend a book?

Discussion in 'Photography Talk' started by L plate gardener, Mar 17, 2011.

1. L plate gardener

L plate gardener Gardener

Ratings:
    +5
    My hubby recently spent alot of money on a Fuji finepix s900 but he just doesnt know how to use it!

all his pics are fuzzy and out of focus and exposure all wrong, so id like to get him a book to learn how to take pics properly!!

anyone recomment anything??

thanks

2. miraflores

miraflores Total Gardener

Ratings:
    +2,389
    [size=large]Hi there, is there no suggestion on the instruction manual on how to solve the issue?[/size]

3. Dave W

Dave W Total Gardener

Anything I fancy and can afford!
    Ratings:
    +3,035
    It's hard to be specific regarding books on photography as much depends on how much your husband already knows. Your best bet might be to go to a good local book shop and browse through what they have.
    I'm a bit surprised that his photos are as bad as you describe as with even a cheap digital camera these days you really have to try quite hard to take a bad photo, particularly if you use fully automatic mode and auto-focus. You say he has a fuji s900. I can't find any reference on the web to this model, is it an S9000?
    One book you may want to think about is this one. The "xxxx for Dummies" books are generally quite good and the series covers a wide range of subjects.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Digital-Photography-Dummies-Julie-Adair/dp/0470250747/ref=pd_sim_b_2

4. Lyn

Lyn Gardener

Industrial carpet machinist
    Ratings:
    +77
    You could ask on here maybe someone will be able to guide him through the problem.

http://www.fixya.com/support/fuji

5. wiseowl

wiseowl Amiable Admin Staff Member

Philosophy of people
    Ratings:
    +91,663
    Hi L plate the S9000 is a beautiful camera one of the best in its class,why not post some photos on here if need be,but as Dave said.
    With respect is it a new one or has he dropped it and damaged it in someway?if we can help in any way just ask.:)

6. hugh

hugh Gardener

Ratings:
    +0
    Hugh
    Hi L plate gardner, the Fuji finepix s900 is a very good camera, practise practise and more practise, if you can email me the raw photo I may be able to get the setting your husband took the photos and may be able to see where he went wrong
    Hugh